Shop now Shop now</arg> Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Listen with Amazon Music Unlimited Shop now

Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£1.00

on 29 October 2013
This is great, even by Ed McBain's standards. The story is not exactly a "cliff hanger" but he maintains the tension on every page. I have been reading Ed McBain for 40 years
on 5 October 2014
I love the Ed McBain 87th precinct novels and bought 20 when there was a 'special' kindle daily deal.
It is great to follow the same characters in each book, they all take part in stories to a greater or lesser extent except Steve Carella who is a central pin but they all appear often.
I am glad Ed McBain wasn't encouraged to kill him off early in the series.
All the books are good thriller/cop stories/mysteries.
on 19 February 2014
My first Ed McBain book and it wont be the last. I thoroughly enjoyed it, two story lines running concurrently, both equally as intriguing. I love the two cop characters, they are easy to identify with, especially the one with material problems. What a fantastic author, the writing style is easy to follow even when the book is picked up after a break. Loved it!
on 31 December 2013
It is the first McBain book I have read. It is a typical cops story but it keeps you reading. Its not my typical action genre but I will definitely read more of his books in the future.
Paul.
on 12 March 2014
another good one from ed mcbain about the 87th precinct with all the usual characters in, brings the people and city to life and you can imagine it as a real city and people.
VINE VOICEon 9 September 2013
I remember the television series and always wanted to read the book version and now it is available at a bargain price and in kindle form.
on 28 March 2014
This is my first read of this author and I really enjoyed this book. Once I started reading it u found . It. Hard to put down. I would definitely recommend it.
on 2 October 2014
I read all Ed Mc Bain books when I was a teenager and loved everyone of them. Since then I have always preferred American crime fiction over the English equivalent. Ed always stuck to correct procedure and his characters seem so true to life. I also love the recurring villain - the deaf man - who pops up in some of his books. Nothing reads better than an Ed McBain book and Heat is up there with the best.
on 29 May 2013
All Ed McBains books are brilliant, I can't get enough of them, be it in hardback, paperback or electronic. Superb..
on 4 September 2014
I've loved these........I remember the t.v. series when I was a kid........One thing bugs me though, about them all.......No dates are given as to the story........The age of Carella's kids are vaguely mentioned. I can only assume that the NO MOBILE PHONES thing mean pre-80's.........
44 comments|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse