Heart Melter, Book 2 Heartthrob Series, Sophia Knightly
Review from Jeannie Zelos Book reviews.
I was really looking forward to this but...sometimes I get it wrong . As I continued reading I found myself getting critical to much, rather than falling in with the story. If the characters and plots are realistic, then I tend to overlook the small stuff, but when it starts creeping in then I know the story isn't working for me.
So, I was enjoying the story, looking forward to Natasha meeting Ian's current on off girlfriend. That was a big hook for my interest in the book, I thought that would bring in some great clash of characters, bitch snark...you know the stuff. Instead, although we hear about her, we never get to meet her. Then there's Ian, yes he's a heart throb, but he seemed to blow hot and cold over Natasha, blaming her for everything. Her dog – Scotland is in UK, we're very proud of our rabies free status, and There Is No Way you can just bring in a dog from US with either 6 month quarantine, or lots of rabies shots and form filling and vet checks.....You just can't hope on a private plane and fly one in.
The “Mob” - well, it was a good idea, but in practise the police and Mob crew came out badly. The police were a shambles, and as for Natasha finding the pen-drive they're looking for – along with that being why the Mob are out for her, well, what a sensible idea, pop it back in her case and then next day take it to a friend of Ian's at a college, before eventually telling the police and handing it over via a third person. Very secure.....and poor little Arthur, what Home allows people to just take kids like that – when one of the couple is right in the middle of a dangerous, life threatening police operation...
Nah. I guess I’m too critical as I can see other readers Love this book. Back to what I keep saying – not all books suit all readers, it doesn't mean they're good or bad, just that reading tastes differ and for me this book didn't work. It's priced at £2.48 for 278 pages.
Stars: 2.5. Others 5* love it, just didn't cut it for me though.
ARC supplied via Netgalley
on 22 February 2014
Reviewer: Justine

Well, it looks like Sophia Knightley has once again written an amazingly perfect contemporary romance. Miss Knightley's writing style had never ceases to amaze me. She has perfected in such a short time, what takes many published authors decades to discover.

Heart Melter is book 2 of the Heartthrobs series, which follows the lives of three heart sisters who met and summer camp, as children, and have been inseparable ever since.

I love Sophia's works because I always know what to expect.

 A sexy stubborn alpha male
 A strong, smart, sensitive heroin
 A heart wrenching love story about mistake, betrayal, trust and redemption.
 A sprinkle of some cheesy, yet adorable flirtation
 An ending that leaves you sighing in happiness at the well-earned HEA that the characters deserve.

Really, how could you NOT love that!

4 Swoon-worthy Fairies!

Disclosure: This ebook was provided by the author in exchange for an HONEST and not necessarily positive review.
on 3 November 2013
Brilliant second book in the series. I love the chemistry between Natasha and Ian. The book has everything romance, friendships, mentions of the characters from book one as well as suspense with baddies. Highly recommend it and look forward to book three 😀
on 4 November 2013
on 24 March 2014
What a lovely romantic and suspense story. I have read the other two books about Natasha,s friends. I enjoyed all of them.
on 29 November 2014
Great series, have read and thoroughly enjoyed them all!!!!!
on 29 July 2014