Healthy Ageing: The Role of Nutrition and Lifestyle (British Nutrition Foundation) Paperback – 2 Jan 2009
|New from||Used from|
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
January 2009′s British Nutrition Foundation s healthy ageing conference in London was produced to mark the launch of a new book called Health Ageing:The Role of Nutrition and Lifestyle, published by Wiley–Blackwell for the BNF. ( Food Manufacture)
From the Back Cover
Year on year, countries across the world continue to see an increase in life expectancy, largely attributed to the impact of modern medicine and disease eradication. There is now increasing evidence that environmental factors such as diet and lifestyle also have a significant role to play.
However with this increase in years there often comes an unfortunate rise in chronic morbidity, with the quality of later life severely compromised by ill health.
With age being the single greatest risk factor for a large proportion of common medical conditions, this latest report from the British Nutrition Foundation looks in detail at the role nutrition and physical activity can play in ensuring that the older adults of tomorrow can lead not only longer, but healthier lives.
- Written by a team of well known and respected experts
- Describes the role of diet and lifestyle in the ageing process of the major body organs and tissues including the brain, heart, gastrointestinal tract, musculoskeletal tissues, eyes, teeth and skin, as well as immune and endocrine systems
- Provides essential information for anyone involved in promoting health and quality of life for older people
- Each chapter includes a summary of the key points, as well as important recommendations to help identify long–term strategies for healthy ageing
- An overview of the main messages of the report are provided in a practical question and answer format suitable for lay readers
Full of invaluable information on a subject which is set to increase in importance as the average age of populations rise worldwide, this book is crucial reading for students of nutrition, dietetics and food science, clinical nutritionists, public health nutritionists and policy makers. It will also provide an excellent reference for those working in the food industry and for nutritional supplement manufacturers and pharmaceutical companies.See all Product Description
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Medical & Healthcare Practitioners > Internal Medicine > Geriatrics
- Books > Science & Nature > Biological Sciences
- Books > Science & Nature > Medicine > Medical Sciences A-Z > Public Health & Preventive Medicine
- Books > Scientific, Technical & Medical > Medicine & Nursing > Medical Sciences A-Z > Public Health & Preventive Medicine