Size: Medium|Change

on 29 November 2012
bought this on advice from physio for tennis elbow. it was perfect, eased my pain considerably. easy enough to fit and wear and comfortable enough to wear for a 12 hour shift. after using this for several weeks and 5 sessions of physio i am now fully recovered. price is reasonable compared to similar products and service was excellent. make sure you purchase correct size otherwise you wont benefit properly, its discreet enough. some people think its an ipod im wearing!
on 11 May 2012
Ordered this previously and it worked wonders; cleared up my tennis elbow in a matter of days while allowing me to continue weight-training. Excellent product. Have recommended it to many more sufferers in my gym.
on 17 February 2013
First what is tendinitis: my understanding is that it starts when a tendon is torn due to being over strained, if not sufficiently rested it continues to get worse. This is because when a tare occurs blood flow to the damage site is increased in order to stimulate repair, however the excess blood increases the size of the muscle attached to the tendon, which strains the tendon further. The idea of this support is that it targets the over sized muscle and gives it support to prevent it from getting too large, (Which would increase the pain, and cause further tearing).

The strap that I had previously been using which was an elbow strap, whilst it helped did not stop the muscle from increasing in size it mainly gave support to the elbow. So as you can guess, the muscle increased and the level of pain and inflammation increased too, so no healing going on. My doctor told me it could take 8 months to get over it if I rested it, well unfortunately for me, my job did not allow me to rest my arm for 8 months so I tried all sorts, from Physiotherapy, to heat treatments and then finally when I was with another specialist over a different problem he suggested trying these and gave me the reasons for it. So what the hell three years on and my elbows were still bad, so I ordered two and gave them a go. I was totally surprised first by the reduction in the muscle nearest my elbow, then a few days later the reduction in pain over a two week period.

The only downside is wearing them for too long every day, they can be a little uncomfortable to wear day in day out. After two weeks of use (16 hours / day). I decided to reduced the amount of time down to working time only, which was about 9 hours / day. This helped to improve the level of comfort in wearing them.

Overall I found this item to be great and ten out of ten for who ever invented them! Two months on and now I only use them when I do a particular type of job.

This is no miracle cure, it still takes time to heal, but it is targeted support in the right place.

Furthermore if you are unsure where to fit it, that is easy, with you arm at shoulder height and your forearm at 90 degrees to your shoulder (so you can see your fore arm) Do this when your elbow is sore and you will notice the muscle on top nearest your elbow is high (like a wave on the beach) it is the peak of the Muscle (Wave) that is swollen and that is were you fit the main part of the support the widest part of the support.

A further advantage is that if like me you start to use it only when performing certain tasks, I put the straps on every day but leave them loose until I need them and then just slide them down my arm when not needed, meaning I do not need to take them off and put them back on as needed. more comfortable too.

Wishing you all good health and swift recovery.
on 29 December 2012
I purchased this for my wife who over the years has suffered with RSI/Tennis Elbow through over use in her right hand and wrist and being a professional shorthand typist and constantly using the 'mouse' on the computer for her heavy workload and refused injections or medication. This is the second one for her as the previous one as supplied by the NHS needed replacing after 8 years.

Not only did she feel the immediate effect but realized that she should have had a replacement much sooner. One has to be careful in the size and as the previous one was "small" we ordered the same size and it's perfect.

This very Epicondylitis Clasp is being sold for £28 here in Perth, Scotland and the one from Amazon is exactly the same and much cheaper. We were surprised that it arrived only two days after ordering. Very prompt service and grateful for it.
on 31 January 2016
this is the best for tennis elbow, the physo gave me 2 of these but i broke the hard plastic bit and had to buy new ones rather than go back to the physo and cost more money on our over stretched health service
on 30 September 2013
I felt a distinct benefit as soon as I put this on.
The only draw back I found was that the fabric with which it is lined irritated my skin and I had to remove the clasp when my arm became red and swollen.
However, it is so good, I am trying to find something to line it with which won't do this. I would still recommend it!
on 9 January 2015
This was exactly what I expected. Identical to the one the pharmacist at my doctors recommended. It was good value for money, and it arrived on time. My doctor said I have Tennis Elbow and I need to wear this every day for at least six weeks. Although it does ease my symptoms, sadly it hasn't cured my problem. I am led to believe that for some less extreme symptoms the Epicondylitis can be a cure.
on 28 February 2014
I'm a dentist and just started to feel effects of years of working creeping on my elbow, one of my colleagues used it before and highly recommended it so I tried as well. It works. I use it for few hours a day - when working, doesn't obstruct the movement on keeps my elbow pain free majority of the time. And price is great as well, tried some more expensive stuff, could not work with it on.
on 19 December 2013
compared to other clasps I've bought over the years I have to say it takes the prize for being the poorest made and using inferior materials. It broke around my arm after being used 5 times and is definitely not fit for purpose. i know manufacturers always say the goods are rigorously tested and an error occured but the basic thrust is the clasp is of inferior construction
on 2 December 2014
Can't say I've had a great result from this, but then again I can't wear it under clothes as it moves around when I move and when wearing with bare forearms tends to chafe a little anyway. I am however quite active.