on 8 December 2011
I have not long started my Level 3 Diploma in Care but I have looked at this book & it meets all of my mandatory units & some optional ones too. I couldn't decide at first which candidate handbook to go for so I asked my assessor & he recommended this one. It covers a lot, I'm sure it'll help me along & I definately recommend buying this one!
on 12 May 2012
This book is extremely useful for candidates but also in my own opinion, essential reading for Assessors, IV's and EV's. In my opinion there has been an assumption made that if you can assess NVQ's you can easily switch to assessing Diploma Awards, that is simply not the case and in every centre there are discussions and differences of opinion about the process, the evidence and the standard of the evidence and even the method of evidence collection. A very welcome and useful publication.
on 14 September 2011
I'm recommending this text to my students and assessors because of the really good range of assessment activities. It covers mandatory and optional units really well. There is good coverage of health and dementia here too. Well set out and easy to follow.
on 13 September 2011
An excellent resource which is useful to both learner and assessor. Shows examples and gives ideas for discussions as well as covering several of the optional credit units which are not covered in other books. Have recommended this book to all my Assessors and their learners.
on 30 July 2011
This handbook's been a great help towards my Diploma ive easly completed my first few units with this book x im glad it was released at the start of my course i'll be lost without it x
on 8 August 2011
Good reading and recommends it as a text book for a course module. Good referencing and well researched. interesting reading.
on 21 August 2012
This book has helped me so much with my n.v.q.level 3 i would recommend to you all. it even comes with a disc which is such a great help. thanks
on 2 November 2011
i am doing a part time level 3 diploma.. this book is essential!!! has all the answers for your assignments.
on 22 January 2015
Great!!!! So helpful.. Good to use with my course, my mom loves it, keeps robbing it off me as she's doing the same course.
Would definitely purchase this if your looking at it, bought other level 3 books and this is by far the best :)
on 10 January 2014
This has great content and is a real practical aid, however, it has possibly, no it definitely has the worst 'index' I have ever come across. I find it really difficult to find quickly anything that I might want to refer to.

I have to go backwards and forwards trying to find subjects, for example risk assessments are not under R, but Person centre approaches, (and other headings), and I think that is the problem they have tried to group index points under too few headings.

Nightmare!