Health & Safety Rules and Health & Safety Regulations:
Find out how your business can simply comply with the extensive range of health and safety regulations.
Our bestselling health and safety guide - now in its 7th edition - lets businesses keep bang up to date with the latest 2012 health and safety rules.
Written by solicitors who specialise in health and safety, Health & Safety at Work is a handy, 'one-stop' guide for anyone responsible for health and safety issues in the workplace.
Health and safety law
Our health and safety guide sets out the background to health and safety law and provides practical health and safety advice on how to:
- Prepare your own health and safety policy document
- Know your legal obligations under the Health and Safety at Work Act
- Assess the health and safety risks in the workplace
- Produce your own health and safety risk assessment
- Provide health and safety information to your employees or colleagues
- Deal with the dangers of manual handling and VDU work
- Survey the health of your staff
- Get health and safety insurance
- React when a health and safety accident occurs
- Deal with a health and safety emergency
- Train your workforce in good health and safety practice
- Cope with an investigation by the Health & Safety Executive
- Defend against Health & Safety Executive prosecutions
Updated for this 2012 edition, our health and safety guide includes the latest details of health and safety legislation, plus it provides succinct, practical advice on what measures to take in your business.
It covers everything you need to know to comply with the regulations and all at your fingertips, so you don't need to look anywhere else.
Protect your business today with this one-stop guide.
Authors of health and safety guide
Henmans LLP (www.henmansllp.co.uk) has a long-established personal injury practice, handling claims nationally for both claimants and defendants, from an Oxford base. Henmans LLP is recognised as a leading personal injury firm in the legal directories. A large specialist team deals with cases, from serious brain injuries and fatal accidents to minor road traffic accidents. The bulk of the work undertaken relates to medium to large claims, arising out of accidents at work, road traffic accidents and clinical negligence.
Three members of the team - Mary Duncan, Paul Chadder and Penny Heighway - have combined forces to produce this ‘one stop’ book for anyone responsible for health and safety issues in the workplace.
Health & Safety at Work Contents:
- Your legal obligations under the Health and Safety at Work Act
- Registering your business
- Providing health and safety information to employees - the health and safety law poster, first aiders and the accident book
- Preparing your own health and safety policy document
- What to do when a health and safety accident occurs
- Health and safety signs
- How to produce your own health and safety risk assessment
- Health and safety dangers of manual handling and VDU work
- Dealing with employees with a disability or who are pregnant
- Health surveillance
- Health and safety insurance provisions
- Health and safety emergency procedures
- How to cope with an investigation by the Health & Safety Executive
- How to defend against Health and Safety Executive prosecutions
- Specific health and safety dangers in the ...