- Paperback: 184 pages
- Publisher: Lawpack Publishing Ltd; 5th Revised edition edition (20 Mar. 2006)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1905261241
- ISBN-13: 978-1905261246
- Product Dimensions: 15.4 x 23.5 x 1.4 cm
- Average Customer Review: 5.0 out of 5 stars See all reviews (7 customer reviews)
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 193,506 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Health and Safety at Work Essentials: The One-stop Guide for Anyone Responsible for Health and Safety Issues in the Workplace Paperback – 20 Mar 2006
|New from||Used from|
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Every workplace has to comply with an extensive range of health and safety rules and regulations. In the last 30 years, the obligations and duties placed upon employers in this complex area have ballooned. With more legal claims being made daily, the price for failing to comply, whether through fines or claims by employees, can be high. This is a handy 'one-stop' guide for anyone responsible for health and safety issues in the workplace. Revised and updated for this fifth edition, it sets out the background legal essentials and provides succinct, practical advice on what measures to take. This guide covers: your legal obligations under the Health and Safety at Work Act; preparing your own health and safety policy document; what to do when an accident occurs; how to produce your own risk assessment; dangers of manual handling and VDU work; health surveillance; insurance provisions; emergency procedures; how to defend against Health and Safety Executive prosecutions.
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Easy simple concise what more can I say not the detail of others but that's good for informing to a level of basic understanding.Published 10 months ago by A. Hodgson
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Business, Finance & Law > Law > English > Commercial, Financial, Industrial & Taxation
- Books > Business, Finance & Law > Law > English > Social
- Books > Business, Finance & Law > Reference & Education > Health & Safety
- Books > Science & Nature > Engineering & Technology > Production, Manufacturing & Operational > Health & Safety
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Social Sciences > Social Issues > Social Welfare & Services