Health Psychology: Biopsychosocial Interactions Hardcover – 10 Jun 2003
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Enter your mobile number below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
From the Back Cover
This new edition of Sarafino′s highly successful HEALTH PSYCHOLOGY uses the biopsychosocial model to present current research and controversies in the field. It draws on the research and theory of many disciplines (Psychology, sociology, anthropology, and biology) to describe how psychology and health are interconnected. throughout, the author emphasizes health and prevention while integrating gender, ethnic and age differences and similarities.
The new FOURTH EDITION features
- Revised or expanded coverage of psychoneuroimmunology, coping with acute and chronic stress, AIDS prevention, smoking cessation, weight control, alternative medicine, medical and psychosocial interventions for chronic illnesses, age and gender differences in health and health promotion, and sociocultural differences in health and health promotion.
- More international coverage with citations about health and health–related behavior around the world.
- New boxed material that focuses on clinical methods and issues.
- More than 450 references new to this edition.
What your colleges are saying
"I found the material to be very up–to–date and reflective of current issues in ht field. The book also nicely describes some theoretical debates in an easy–to–digest manner."––Christopher R. Agnew, Purdue University
I continue to enjoy Dr. Sarafino′s style of writing. The level of depth is quite good. Meaningful real–life examples are used. He captures the reader′s attention without getting overly technical."–Thesea J. Martin, Eastern Washington University
"Overall this text has excellent readability and good breadth of coverage. ...The final chapters provide excellent balance in depth, coverage, readability, and sophistication. The inclusion of clinical and survey discussions at the end of each ... chapter enhance and distinguish this text..."––John M. Ruiz, university of Utah
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Medical & Healthcare Practitioners
- Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Psychology & Psychiatry > Applied Psychology > Clinical Psychology
- Books > Science & Nature > Medicine > Medical Sciences A-Z > Health Psychology
- Books > Scientific, Technical & Medical > Medicine & Nursing > Medical Sciences A-Z
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Psychology Textbooks