- Save 10% on Books for Schools offered by Amazon.co.uk when you purchase 10 or more of the same book. Here's how (terms and conditions apply) Enter code SCHOOLS2016 at checkout. Here's how (terms and conditions apply)
Health Measurement Scales: A practical guide to their development and use Paperback – 15 Dec 2008
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
There is a newer edition of this item:
Special Offers and Product Promotions
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
This book is a useful resource that should have a fairly broad appeal for researchers needing to develop new measurement scales, researchers who need to critically appraise literature concerned with measurement tools, and anyone interested in an accessible overview of important measurement issues and methods. (The Canadian Journal of Psychiatry)
The text is well laid out with chapters covering basic concepts, devising the items, scaling responses, methods of administration and ethical considerations being easy to read. (Occupational Medicine)
This is a book that can be used as a key reference book by those who wish to study qualitative change in health status by the use of scales. (Occupational Medicine)
About the Author
David Streiner attended the City College of New York, and then did his graduate work in clinical psychology at Syracuse University. In 1968, he joined the newly-formed Department of Psychiatry at McMaster University, and became the Chief Psychologist at the McMaster University Medical Centre. In 1980, he also became a member of the Department of Clinical Epidemiology and Biostatistics at McMaster, and was the Deputy Chair of CE&B for two years. He was one of the founding editors of Evidence-based Mental Health, and is currently editor of the Statistical Developments and Applications section of the Journal of Personality Assessment, as well as being on the editorial board of numerous other journals. Geoff Norman attended the University of Manitoba as an undergraduate, graduating with an honours degree in physics in 1965. He did graduate work in nuclear physics, obtaining a PhD in 1970. At that point he began a career in health sciences education, and subsequently obtained an M.A. in educational psychology from Michigan State University in 1977. He joined the faculty at McMaster in 1977, and has remained at McMaster for the next three decades. He has won numerous awards in medical education, including the Hubbard Award of the National Board of Medical Examiners (US), and lifetime achievement awards from the Medical Council of Canada and the American Educational Research Association, among others. In 2001, he was awarded a Canada Research Chair. In 2007, he was elected to the Royal Society of Canada. He has published over 200 papers in education, epidemiology, psychiatry and physics, as well as authoring and editing several books.
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
A classic text that is very useful.
it is also discussing all the important issues with depth
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Medical & Healthcare Practitioners > Internal Medicine
- Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Medical & Healthcare Practitioners > Other Branches of Medicine > Psychiatry
- Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Psychology & Psychiatry > Applied Psychology > Clinical Psychology
- Books > Science & Nature > Medicine > Medical Research & Equipment > Epidemiology & Medical Statistics
- Books > Science & Nature > Medicine > Medical Sciences A-Z > Clinical Psychology & Psychotherapy
- Books > Science & Nature > Medicine > Medical Sciences A-Z > Psychotherapy & Clinical Psychology
- Books > Science & Nature > Medicine > Medical Sciences A-Z > Public Health & Preventive Medicine
- Books > Science & Nature > Reference > Psychology & Psychiatry
- Books > Scientific, Technical & Medical > Medicine & Nursing > Medical Research & Equipment
- Books > Scientific, Technical & Medical > Medicine & Nursing > Medical Sciences A-Z > Psychiatry
- Books > Scientific, Technical & Medical > Medicine & Nursing > Medical Sciences A-Z > Public Health & Preventive Medicine
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Social Sciences > Linguistics > Reference