- Format: Kindle Edition
- File Size: 2875 KB
- Print Length: 386 pages
- Publisher: Hampton Roads Publishing; 1 edition (15 May 2009)
- Sold by: Amazon Media EU S.à r.l.
- Language: English
- ASIN: B00292BAXS
- Text-to-Speech: Enabled
- Word Wise: Enabled
- Average Customer Review: 1 customer review
Amazon Bestsellers Rank:
#402,207 Paid in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Paid in Kindle Store)
- #861 in Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Families & Parents > Raising Children > Special Needs
- #1351 in Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Families & Parents > Pregnancy & Childcare > Children's Health & Nutrition > Autism
- #2718 in Kindle Store > Books > Health & Fitness > Alternative Medicine
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
|Print List Price:||£14.99|
Save £3.60 (24%)
Healing Young Brains: The Neurofeedback Solution Kindle Edition
|New from||Used from|
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
Healing Young Brains: The Neurofeedback Solution discusses successful treatment with neurofeedback. Doctors Hill and Castro provide a wealth of information about this method, and address its effects on disorders ranging from autism to headaches. They cite specific cases as examples, and provide illustrations of the checklists used to assess the progress of the neurofeedback sessions.
As an adult with OCD and ADD, I am always concerned about my son either inheriting the same traits, or simply picking up my quirks from being around me on a daily basis. Consequently, I found the chapter on temperature training to be particularly interesting. Apparently, children have an easier time adjusting their body temperature than adults do, when learning how to respond to stress.
While many chapters refer to "trainers" and neurofeedback machines to monitor electrical activity in the brain, as well as other responses from the body, the science behind the method did not strike me as some radical new approach. Rather, to a certain extent, biofeedback treatments are akin to the meditative qualities of natural healing found throughout history.
For additional reading: Getting Rid of Ritalin: How Neurofeedback Can Successfully Treat Attention Deficit Disorder Without Drugs
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Families & Parents > Special Needs
- Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Health Issues > Popular Medicine
- Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Pregnancy & Childcare > Children's Health & Nutrition > Autism
- Books > Science & Nature > Medicine > Education > Teaching Aids
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Health & Fitness > Alternative Medicine
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Parenting & Families