Format: Paperback|Change

on 4 November 2011
I found this little book another helpful guide from Andrew G Marshall. I find his topics cover most of the essential areas needed by people experiencing confusion, fear and crises. His writing style is always helpful - there is no sense of being lectured to or patronised. He simply provides clear advice, easily digested and supported with suggestions, tips and exercises.

This book helps make sense of the pain of the end of a relationship and the stages that a person goes through without being made to feel that there is something wrong with you because you are unable to just forget about it or get over it. He helps explore why you are going through what is happening and why you feel so stuck.

The other thing I find so useful in this book is his ability to explain the sense one has of having moved on but at the same time realising that it is only a superficial move. The confusion that results when the relationship is officially over but you find you are still unable to leave the image of yourself connected to your former partner, or unable to find new relationships.

Andrew G Marshall is an important contributor to the literature of self help in personal and sexual relationships.
on 30 August 2011
This short book is anything but short when it comes to practical suggestions and strategies to help you heal and move on after a relationship break-up whether you are the "leaver" or the "sticker".
Mr. Marshall's approach is both practical and compassionate. He takes the reader through the 7 stages of the process offering ideas for moving on to the next step. He also explains the importance of understanding individual responsibility for the break- up so as to learn for the future.
What I particularly liked are the breakthrough tips designed to prevent you from getting stuck at any stage and the practical suggestions for working out whether the relationship is recoverable . There are also a couple of very useful sections on reclaiming yourself and when and how to go about considering a new relationship.
This is above all a book which you can dip into time and time again and always find something new to support you wherever you are on this difficult journey and as such is money very well spent.
on 17 March 2013
if you have had problems with relationships and had upseting endings
I would highly recommend this book a very good read and know this will help me move on
after my very long relationship
on 16 November 2014
Following discovery of my husband's affair with a work colleague I agreed to try to save our marriage. Two years on I discovered that the affair had continued and I chose to end the marriage. This book has been helpful at such a painful time in my life. It shows you how to find the courage to grieve and move on and offers the hope of finding happiness once more.
on 6 December 2013
Good practical guidance to help yourself heal and move forward

I would recommend to anyone who is struggling with the pain and grief of a break up. Life will get easier, it's often hard to see how
on 18 December 2011
I read "Heal and Move On" and it was like having the fog lifted from my eyes. I felt so lost and unsure about what was happening, and what the right thing to do was, until I read it - it wasn't an instant solution but it helped me to understand and paved the way for a proper recovery. Andrew Marshall offers a candid and experienced foundation for getting back on your feet, and goes into detail in a way that gets you to answer your own questions, at your own pace.
on 10 April 2015
A clear and concise guide to what you need to do to come out of a relationship and move on in a healthy way. I liked the "in a nutshell" summaries at the end of each chapter, as there is a lot of information to take in. This book helps you to get clarity on your relationship breakdown, avoid blaming the other person, and take responsibility for your part in it all, which really is the best way to grieve, heal and ultimately move on.
on 2 July 2016
I bought this book after leaving a 18 month relationship and moving into my own place. That was just over a month ago - we had no contact and I found that helped me to heal and move on but if only I had read the entire book when I bought it I probably would not made the mistake I did which was due to loneliness and not being able to handle to healing process started contact and things did not go well and it is 200% true that it hits harder than before if you don't take the time and truly allow yourself time despite the pain you be feeling. There is no quick fix. Brilliant book which really helps you understand.
on 13 March 2015
I read this a couple of times. My husband left to be with affair partner, then came back, then left again. As I am alot stronger now I have filed for divorce and re read this book. Great advice.
on 10 December 2014
Have had he misfortune to read loads of books about how to cope when your relationship ends and this is by far the best. Andrew Marshall addresses his readers as adults (something the majority of books produced in the US singularly fail to do) and has lots of useful advice and wee exercises which really help. I read the book in one sitting and from feeling like I couldn't carry on I now feel there is hope for a brighter future without my partner and that there are things I can do when the going gets really tough. Highly recommended.