on 18 April 2017
Goid
on 27 October 2010
It's not a bad book in itself, but I think it would be better just to purchase a normal AS textbook and read that during the summer instead. This book is quite thin, and a lot of the content was irrelevant to my course or had already been covered at GCSE. Maybe it would've been more useful had I not done Triple Science, but I didn't find it particularly enlightening or helpful.
As with most CGP books, it was well presented and easy to understand.
on 29 October 2010
I bought this book for my Access (health and social care pathway) course. I am returning to education after over 20 years... this has really helped me to get a basic understanding of topics we have covered in our biology modules, it doesn't give you enough information for assignments or exams but is useful for the link between GCSE and AS to help you understand concepts before you then research them further and in more detail. I would recommend this book.
on 13 August 2009
`A Wonderful book, CGP really do know how to present books, I found it to be both enjoyable and resourceful, it's a must for students going onto AS Level Biology. Since there is a pretty big gap between the standard required from students, with pretty much no transition.
A Must Buy for Student, Parents, Teachers and Tutors.
on 19 August 2013
I bought this book as it was recommended by one of my teachers. In my honest opinion it is helpful, clear and concise making it easy to use and widely accessible.
I recommend this if you are looking to study biology for AS!
on 19 August 2013
This book is amazing I don't have any other way of describing it. It covers the main points you need to know during the course and is so simple and easy to understand that it makes the a level course as easy as possible...I would 100% recommend this book
on 2 September 2013
I bought this to revise from before starting AS Biology as I heard that it was a lot more difficult than GCSE, and this book has certainly helped to prepare me for the course. It doesn't go into huge amounts of detail and is very accessible.
on 25 March 2015
After also purchasing collins range of study books I found these less helpful , as they seem to be less to the point and more joke, not my style of learning but has some one or two good bits of information
on 14 July 2014
Find these very useful - good layout
on 26 September 2013
As always, CGP simplify topics and create an easier understanding! However, they still use a really good level of detail. really good book for my as level biology!