Buy Used
£2.41
+ £0.00 delivery
Used: Very Good | Details
Sold by Bookdonors
Condition: Used: Very Good
Comment: Shipped from the UK. Used in Very Good Condition. We are a not-for-profit Social Enterprise trading in used books to help people, charities and the environment.
Have one to sell?
Flip to back Flip to front
Listen Playing... Paused   You're listening to a sample of the Audible audio edition.
Learn more
See this image

Head First!: You’re smarter than you think Paperback – 2 Oct 2000

3.9 out of 5 stars 6 customer reviews

See all 3 formats and editions Hide other formats and editions
Amazon Price
New from Used from
Paperback, 2 Oct 2000
£0.01
click to open popover

Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.

  • Apple
  • Android
  • Windows Phone

To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.



Product details

  • Paperback: 256 pages
  • Publisher: Thorsons; First Edition edition (2 Oct. 2000)
  • Language: English
  • ISBN-10: 0722540469
  • ISBN-13: 978-0722540466
  • Product Dimensions: 19.8 x 21 x 1.9 cm
  • Average Customer Review: 3.9 out of 5 stars 6 customer reviews
  • Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 780,292 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
  • Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
    If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?

Product description

Amazon Review

Did you know that you use less than 1 percent of your brain? The good news is that world-renowned brain expert and mind map inventor Tony Buzan can help you to access the other 99 percent. Buzan's book Head First is dedicated to helping you prove you are smarter than you think. The main message is that every one of us possesses multiple natural intelligences. As Buzan explains, "We don't just possess the one standard intelligence quota or 'IQ' that we've all heard of, we each have an amazing ten different intelligences. These intelligences include creative, social, physical, sexual and spiritual skills". Buzan argues that a truly intelligent person is not one who can simply spout words or numbers but one who can react "intelligently" to all situations. Head First shows us how to do this. The book is divided into 10 chapters, each one devoted to a different intelligence. Each chapter contains practical advice and exercises, case studies, a brain work-out and ends with a test to help you gauge how you are doing. The book also contains tips on how to draw mind maps (and has many plate sections with colourful examples) to help you learn how to recall information easily and organise facts and thoughts in such a way that your brain is engaged right from the start. Buzan advises working on each intelligence in turn and starting by working on the area you feel weakest in. If you don't manage to finish the whole book with all it's hundreds of exercises, remember Buzan's promise: "Each intelligence is linked so when you consciously develop one intelligence, you subconsciously improve the others too". --Scarlet Harper

Review

‘If you put Buzan’s theories to the test, you could find yourself memorising pages from a phone book, or becoming the brainiest person in the world’
Personal Computer World Magazine

‘Tony didn’t invent the brain – he did invent the instructions!’
John Husbands, MD, Institute of Management

See all Product description

What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?


Customer reviews

Share your thoughts with other customers
See all 6 customer reviews

Top customer reviews

13 September 2015
Format: Paperback|Verified Purchase
21 November 2000
Format: Paperback
13 people found this helpful
|Comment|Report abuse
20 November 2000
Format: Paperback
15 people found this helpful
|Comment|Report abuse
29 October 2003
Format: Paperback
4 people found this helpful
|Comment|Report abuse
15 March 2001
Format: Paperback
11 people found this helpful
|Comment|Report abuse
9 May 2003
Format: Paperback
10 people found this helpful
|Comment|Report abuse

Would you like to see more reviews about this item?

Pages with related products. See and discover other items: mind mapping

Where's My Stuff?

Delivery and Returns

Need Help?