- Product Dimensions: 5.1 x 5.1 x 5.1 cm ; 91 g
- Boxed-product Weight: 159 g
- Item model number: 885308714404
- ASIN: B004AMCBQA
- Date first available at Amazon.co.uk: 21 Aug. 2011
- Average Customer Review: 4.6 out of 5 stars See all reviews (71 customer reviews)
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 868 in Beauty (See Top 100 in Beauty)
Layrite Deluxe Original Pomade 4 oz
|Price:||£11.34 & FREE Delivery in the UK on orders over £20. Details|
Fulfilment by Amazon (FBA) is a service Amazon offers sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's warehouses, and Amazon directly does the picking, packing, shipping and customer service on these items. Something Amazon hopes you'll especially enjoy: FBA items are eligible for and for Amazon Prime just as if they were Amazon items.
If you're a seller, you can increase your sales significantly by using Fulfilment by Amazon. We invite you to learn more about this programme .
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
- holds like a wax, yet washes out like a jell
- Firm hold yet not stiff and flakey
- Light pleasant scent
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
LAYRITE holds like a wax yet washes out like a gel. Finally a pomade that REALLY washes out quickly with just water. For real men serious about their hair this super rich and waxy hair dressing works great with both fine and extremely thick hair. Create high pomps slicked backs parts businessmen's cuts DAs flat-tops spikes and extreme styles such as mohawks. This pomade was developed for use at Hawleywood's Barbershop world famous for traditional classic and retro styles. Whatever your hairstyle may be it will LAYRITE! Clean vanilla scent! A little goes a long way!
What do customers buy after viewing this item?
Top Customer Reviews
I prefer this pomade to the usual range of waxes that tend to make your hair tough to brush. I wash my hair every 3 days and apply a very light top-up of pomade each day just to help hold it in a short and neat style. There's a faint coconut scent to it which I like but probably isn't for everyone.
My only gripe is that the product is expensive (around £12, depending on when you buy it) whereas it's sold in the US for way less than just a shipping cost. I hope you enjoyed this review.
- The excessive price when compared with the relative size of the pot. I can quite easily envisage burning through this stuff in no time then having to fork out again not long after, especially considering the recommended "knuckle" size scoop for typical everyday use.
- This doesn't hold well on thick hair. At all. I have thick hair and find that when my hair is freshly cut it performs pretty well, however once it starts to grow out it loses a lot of its hold. I eventually have to start using a lot of hairspray because my hair falls out of shape. If you have thick hair then you may want to consider the Layrite Super Hold Deluxe brand which is better than this and closer to 5* for me personally.
- Takes an age to dry on wet hair. If you apply to wet hair and move your head around too much your hair will likely begin to sag, fall out of place and generally lose its shape. Had to take a hair-dryer to my hair out of desperation a few times because I needed to head out the door in a hurry.
The delivery time was excellent considering it came from the USA, and other couriers, should be ashamed of their service level in comparison.
recommend it to anybody who wants a slick and clean hair look
This was the first water based pomade I've tried. It had some great reviews and a friend strongly recommended it. I had previously used Uppercut Monster Hold but hadn't quite found what I was looking for.
I'm not a big fan of build up and my hair gets greasy quick (it's quite thick and very difficult to manage) and as great as the Uppercut had great hold it was difficult to apply and I didn't feel as though I could use it day in day out. Given this I thought I'd try a water based (at least for my Monday to Thursday routine)
This came with huge promise. But it seems like a completely different product to the one I saw in the official layrite video. It's difficult to work into dry hair (though not quite tearing your hair out difficult). Into towel dry or wet hair it appears to do nothing. But as you go on styling it quickly hardens. One hard they say you can restyle with a wet comb but this just seems to take deactivate the product temporarily rather than reactivate it.
It has a super matt finish and while I'm not for the super shiny slick look, this was too matt for me, which is saying something.
In the tutorial I thought the guy was using crazy amount but it feels as though you have to use at least a "full knuckle" so you'll burn through the pot in no time.
Overall it has a strong hold but not in a good way. It almost feels as though you have been electrocuted. Your hair becomes stiff. It also dried and felt a bit flaky like a gel or strong hold hairspray applied at point blank range.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
It was good product, it's a shame you have to use quite abit you maintain the hold, I don't use hairspray, tend to just use one product. Read morePublished 1 month ago by Amazon Customer
I've ordered this product 3 times. First 2 times, it was excellent. The third time, the product was entirely different. Read morePublished 2 months ago by Amazon Customer
Excellent product. Being water based is not as messy as other products and holds fairly well.
I would recommend the Super Hold Deluxe if you need "glue type stuff" .
Excellent pomade non greasy, good natural hold and restyles with a damp comb. Washes out really easy. Would recommendPublished 4 months ago by RAK
Been using layrite for many years, A lot cheaper getting it here than from a shop. This is the only pomade i use.Published 4 months ago by Stephen
Great stuff. A lot of barbers used this, and I can see why, its perfect for the modern trends these days, not too strong, but with a nice finish. Read morePublished 4 months ago by Thebudgmiester