|Price:||£13.99 - £15.99 & Free Returns on some sizes and colours|
- GENUINE LEATHER BELT SPECIALISTS - Hawkdale are traditional specialist producers of the finest genuine leather belts. Through an extensive network of skilled craftsmen they create and source a superb selection of choice with a range to suit everyone and all budgets.
- 100% FULL GRAIN LEATHER - Strong and durable, any product made from this leather will last a long time. 1.5" (40mm) Width, perfect for wearing with suit or casual trousers. Comes with Hawkdale branded silver buckle.
- Fastening: buckle
- # 811-400
- TRADITIONAL BEST SELLER - This belt will get better with time. The leather will age soft and supple while retaining its individual unique grain character and feel.
- GIFT BOX AVAILABLE - If this product is a gift for someone special then you can wrap it up in a very presentable Hawkdale branded box. This product makes for a perfect gift.
- SIZE GUIDE --- As a rule of thumb your belt size needs to be approx. 2" (5cm) bigger than your actual waist size. Many trousers do not sit on your waist but slightly lower therefore its important to take the measurement with your trousers on and where the belt is intended to be worn --- Small - 28"- 32" (71-81cm) --- Medium - 32"- 36" (81-91cm) --- Large - 36" - 40" (91-102cm) --- XL - 40"- 44" (102-112cm) --- XXL - 44"- 48" (112-122cm) --- 3XL - 48" - 52" (122 - 132cm)
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you've entered a valid question. You can edit your question or post anyway.
Customers who bought this item also bought
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Since being established in 1983, Hawkdale have developed a reputation for producing some of the finest leather belts out there. Initially gaining popularity for their range of traditionally crafted, locally made 'Hide' belts, they have since gone on to expand their offerings to include select leathers sourced from around the world.
Great full grain leather, 1.5" width belt for men. Hawkdale also offer various styles of belts in different widths and colour designs. For a thinner versions (25mm width & 35mm width) search # HD-809-400 and search # HD-811-400Features
- Brand: Hawkdale
- Style: 1.5" (40mm) Jeans Belt
- Material: Full Grain Leather
- Hawkdale Branded Silver Buckle
- Slightly Textured Leather Straps
Want something similar? Search '# 820-400'.
- Small - 28"- 32" (71-81cm)
- Medium - 32"- 36" (81-91cm)
- Large - 36" - 40" (91-102cm)
- XL - 40"- 44" (102-112cm)
- XXL - 44"- 48" (112-122cm)
- 3XL - 48" - 52" (122 - 132cm)
As a rule of thumb your belt size needs to be approx. 2" (5cm) bigger than your actual waist size. Many trousers do not sit on your waist but slightly lower therefore it's important to take the measurement with your trousers on and where the belt is intended to be worn i.e. the measurement may be nearer your hip measurement than your waist.
If you are unsure of which size to buy we would always suggest ordering a slightly larger belt rather than one that might just fit as you can always add an extra hole but you can't extend the length of the belt.
Please note that the measurements we provide are waist sizes and not the actual length of the strap.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
So I ordered a large, and it is too big (36-40).
Luckily, the belts construction, allows for easy shortening. I took it in the cobblers' on the high street, he unscrewed the buckle's screw on clasp.
Cut a few inches off, and punched some new holes, and charged me £2.
The cobbler said it was a nice piece of leather, and it is, I looked at some of the branded belts he sells, and this is very good value indeed.
So, from my experience, the belt comes to the size it says it is, although this may not be consistent.
In my view, it is a good buy, it looks classy, and the leather is already starting to become supple. Nothing digging in, the buckle looks nice and is well attached to the belt.
Given that, this should give years of service. I'd recommend it highly
Unfortunately, the sizing is quite unconventional. The belt measurements are exact, which is normal enough - 32" means exactly 32 inches from buckle to hole (it's quite normal for a belt size to be 2 inches larger than the waist size). However, the position of the last holes is so close to the end of the belt that you will have no tail at all, and using the last few holes makes it look like you've borrowed a child's belt and added extra holes to it (using the final hole, the tail does not even reach the end of the buckle).
There's also no middle ground for those of us who go up and down a size and happen to be 'between sizes'. Each belt starts at the size the last one finished on; if you have a 34" waist, you can either stuff yourself into the very last hole of the medium belt (and look silly) or the very first hole of the large belt. While normal manufacturers tend to have an overlap of 2-3 holes between sizes, these do not.
Belt quality is good, and as long as you're comfortably in the middle of a size band you'll have many years' use from it.
The only downside is that the belt is slightly smaller in length than I had anticipated so I would recommend adding around 2-3 inches onto that of your normal waist size in jeans.