Shop now Shop now Shop now See more Shop all Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Shop now DIYED Shop now Shop Fire Shop now Shop now Shop now
Customer Discussions > Total War Rome II (PC DVD) forum

Haven't Received the Code?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 251-275 of 341 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on 5 Sep 2013 13:53:25 BDT
"Lol going around in circles here"

Lol going to Trading standards if mine doesn't work!!

SEGA really does nothing to help its already ailing reputation does it?

Posted on 5 Sep 2013 14:07:37 BDT
Last edited by the author on 5 Sep 2013 14:09:08 BDT
C. Taylor says:
@Jason James

Contact them again through Chat.
Explain you didn't receive what you ordered.
Tell them you are going to dispute the transaction with your card holder/bank.
Proceed to do so if no code is produced.

This is what i plan to do when i receive my order if i haven't got the code by then.

In reply to an earlier post on 5 Sep 2013 17:25:21 BDT
Last edited by the author on 5 Sep 2013 17:34:32 BDT
r Buckle says:
Just tried to contact customer services, they're now saying we should all receive the codes by the 6th, and i suppose on the 6th, we'll all receive the codes by the 7th and on the 7th, the 8th (and so on, and so-forth)

In reply to an earlier post on 5 Sep 2013 17:35:18 BDT
Bleu says:
It says 8 PM but the customer service people say the 6th as does the email I received from them. I'm starting to not believe either to be honest.

Posted on 5 Sep 2013 17:35:20 BDT
turint says:
Well according to my watch, there are 2 hours and 26 minutes left before everybody who pre-ordered should have the code:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/feature.html?ie=UTF8&docId=1000722103

"PLEASE NOTE: Due to a technical issue, codes for the Greek States Culture Pack have been delayed. Customers who pre-ordered before Tuesday, September 3 will receive their codes ***by 8pm BST, on September 05, 2013***. Please ensure to check your junk and spam mail folders. We sincerely apologise for any inconvenience caused."

Posted on 5 Sep 2013 17:38:28 BDT
Got mine this morning so they are sending them out.

In reply to an earlier post on 5 Sep 2013 17:46:43 BDT
Bleu says:
@ M Harris: I know I saw that yesterday but the "Chat" guys are still saying the 6th.

I just finished a chat with one of them (who was rather cheeky I thought first time one of them has been like this with me) he said and I quote:

"So it seems that we have identified the issue, resolved it, and ensured we have enough codes to send out to our customers.
According to the notes, we should have e-mailed everyone who ordered it by the end of tomorrow."

In reply to an earlier post on 5 Sep 2013 17:59:30 BDT
Last edited by the author on 5 Sep 2013 18:01:01 BDT
turint says:
@Bleu - yes, the tone of that does seem a tad overly self-congratulatory.

"We are giving this out 24 hours later than our last promise, a promise which itself accompanied an apology for delays. It seems obvious we've done really well."

Totally understand that customer-facing roles can be tough but... hmm.

That said, taken at face value at least the "enough codes" bit is maybe reassuring. We'll see, I guess.

Posted on 5 Sep 2013 18:33:29 BDT
Corgiguy says:
Gt my email today 2days after dispatch just as they said!

Posted on 5 Sep 2013 19:34:36 BDT
P Hague says:
I got my code but it had already be used. I had given Amazon the benefit of the doubt the last few days but I received my code 2 days after release and it is invalid. I contact Amazon and they said to contact SEGA and they are taking forever to reply. This is just a complete mess.

Posted on 5 Sep 2013 19:47:34 BDT
Maggsbat says:
I would hazard a guess that the ones at amazon who are sorting this by sending the codes out or responding in customer services are blameless so I have a degree of sympathy for them having to clear up someone else's (probably rather more senior) mess.

I do wonder how they are prioritising sending them out - my order for example was placed last year (8th July 2012) and sent out last Saturday but still no code, so it isn't oldest orders first.

In reply to an earlier post on 5 Sep 2013 19:48:26 BDT
Last edited by the author on 5 Sep 2013 19:50:00 BDT
Mr K says:
Well still no sign of any code. Another deadline is going to pass. I contacted customer service only to be told to wait 24 hours. Sound familiar? It's only the 4 th time I've heard that now. I tried to push them to obtain a code from the correct department there and then but they said it isn't possible.

Terrible service from Amazon . I don't want to give the game a 1 star review but SEGA the games publisher are also responsible for this fiasco.

Posted on 5 Sep 2013 20:21:02 BDT
So here we are, 8:20 and no code

Posted on 5 Sep 2013 20:23:32 BDT
Heres a nice quote from the Trading standards website "as described - match the description on packaging or what the trader told you" So how many time has Amazon breach this in regards to Rome 2!!

In reply to an earlier post on 5 Sep 2013 20:24:33 BDT
Last edited by the author on 5 Sep 2013 20:25:00 BDT
Bleu says:
@ Mr. K

Amazon have the codes they just drip them out every free code is £5.99 less in the publishers pocket I think that's the issue. It's clear they have the codes they just don't want to give them out. I was told to contact after 8 and like you say:

"Please just wait another day you will have the code soon"

Is what I'm still being told it doesn't look good for me. :(

Posted on 5 Sep 2013 21:05:41 BDT
I got an email and my code but when trying to activate it on Steam it says "This code has been used before". Don't tell me they've got 1 code for everybody?

Posted on 5 Sep 2013 23:00:40 BDT
Last edited by the author on 5 Sep 2013 23:03:06 BDT
John Porton says:
NVM: I got mine.

Posted on 5 Sep 2013 23:12:42 BDT
Two days late, no DLC code and no form of an apology. I'm done. Screw you amazon

Posted on 5 Sep 2013 23:28:39 BDT
turint says:
Personally I am inclined to think Amazon would prefer to get this right, they've been really great before customer service wise for me, with rare exception.

I think the drip-feeding, delays and repeated extensions of the deadline suggest they don't have, or at least didn't have, codes for everyone and Amazon employees have been trying to fire-fight. Fingers crossed that this has really been fixed behind the scenes, so everyone gets their codes sooner rather than later now.

In reply to an earlier post on 6 Sep 2013 00:17:54 BDT
Maggsbat says:
M Harris - you are absolutely bang on.

In reply to an earlier post on 6 Sep 2013 10:32:05 BDT
J. Coito says:
Did any of you pre-order 2 games? i did it and only got one dlc :(
(one dlc per order and not per game...)

In reply to an earlier post on 6 Sep 2013 11:15:12 BDT
R. Eggers says:
yes, should have been ordered separately but at least you got a code.

In reply to an earlier post on 6 Sep 2013 11:22:33 BDT
J. Coito says:
Yes, it was my bad. Nothing i can do about it now. I hope that the DLC code is valid. I would like to avoid further problems :s

In reply to an earlier post on 6 Sep 2013 13:46:48 BDT
Hughes says:
"Hughes: click the word HELP at the top or bottom of any page and there will be an orange CONTACT US button near the right side of the screen."

LegoGirl,

Thank you for your help; you're a brick.

Hughes

Posted on 6 Sep 2013 15:40:30 BDT
Bleu says:
Update from Amazon:

" I'm sorry to hear about this. We are still working on it, I'm afraid. Orders placed before the 15th of August will have had their codes yesterday - we expect to get codes sent to purchases made after this by midnight tonight."

*weeps*

Am I the only left who hasn't got their code?
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  109
Total posts:  341
Initial post:  31 Aug 2013
Latest post:  21 Sep 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 9 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about