Havens in a Storm: The Struggle for Global Tax Regulation (Cornell Studies in Political Economy) Hardcover – 1 Dec 2006
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Enter your mobile number below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
"In this highly informative, nuanced, and balanced book, J. C. Sharman narrates the fascinating story of how the Davids of the modern world, the small tax havens, have managed to beat the modern Goliath represented by the OECD campaign against harmful tax competition. Without losing sight of the theoretical underpinnings of his narrative, Sharman weaves a tale of complex political maneuvering on par with the best detective stories This has resulted in one of the most important recent contributions to international relations scholarship." Ronen Palan, University of Sussex, author of The Offshore World"
"Tax havens and attempts at their regulation have increasingly become an issue of intense public debate and some academic analysis. J. C. Sharman is in a unique position due to the very extensive empirical research he has conducted. He has personally visited a large number of countries, both developed OECD states and a substantial number of havens, interviewing many key players and collecting much documentation. Havens in a Storm provides a fascinating overview of recent developments and cogent analysis of the political dynamics of the issue." Sol Picciotto, Lancaster University Law School"
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Business, Finance & Law > Economics > Economic Policy & Development
- Books > Business, Finance & Law > Economics > Political Economy
- Books > Business, Finance & Law > Law > International
- Books > Business, Finance & Law > Professional Finance > Public
- Books > Business, Finance & Law > Professional Finance > Taxation
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Government & Politics