Customer reviews

on 12 April 1999
I first discovered this book back in 1994, and finally bought it a few years ago. Since then, it has become an indispensible tool in my paranormal research, which focuses mostly on ghosts. I am continually impressed with Mr. Hauck, both because of this work and through his newsletter to which I subscribe. I've highlighted every city in the book on my atlas for trips to other states. Thank you, Mr. Hauck, for a useful, fun tool for those of us in the field.
on 27 October 1997
Hauck really did a good job in compiling information on the sites that he talks about in his book. As the title implies, it is a reference book and not necessarily a book of ghost stories. This is the wrong book if you're looking for more detail than the paragraph or two that Hauck provides. This is a must-buy for anyone interested in local haunts or mystical places to visit. I highly recommend this book.
on 17 May 1999
What makes all this information better is that all the cases were true!!! I liked the fact that cases were reported from all fifty states, so you can bet you'll find a site near you. This book posed a variety of supernatural accounts, from ghosts and hauntings (my personal fave) to UFO sightings and sacred land. I can't reccommend this book highly enough!!!!!!
on 16 April 1999
This is a stupid book with fantasies about the paranormal myself being an expert in the field. I have read the book once and went to a few of the places he listed as being "Haunted" and I took every instrument I had none of them showed any signs of being paranormal it is the worst book I have ever read. -Dr. Dennis Meyers