on 27 March 2018
This states it the 'original' frustration, but the original was much better made when I was a child, and you had to push the dome in the middle to roll the dice. With this one, you have to attach annoying paddles to the 4 corners, and you push those to make the die move instead. I guess that's not too much of a bother, but what is very frustrating is that to get the thing back into the box, you have to pull the paddles off, otherwise it won't go back in - they're not that easy to pull off!!! It is flimsy beyond belief and the cardboard cut outs which are the pictures that are attached to the game, are all creased - clearly the people in the factory had trouble gluing them on... It looks second hand. Utter cheap rubbish - I'm gutted I missed out on the Debenhams sale recently as they were flogging it for £2 - that's all it's worth.
on 21 January 2017
I had this game when I was a kid and was very excited when my child unwrapped this for Christmas. The instructions are basic enough for even young children to understand and the game lasts forever. The gold Genie is a wonderful addition to the game and gives players a advantage/ disadvantage depending on who has it. Its perfect for younger children as the dice don't get thrown across the floor. On the original game I had it had a popomatic dice dome which you pushed down on and the dice popped but now its a little handle at the side which if you get a little heavy handed, can knock down the little pegs. This isn't an issue because after a few times you get a feel for how heavy handed you can with the handle. I would definitely recommend for anyone.
Pros: Fun game that can last ages
Simple instructions
Dice dome so you won't lose dice ( which I can guarantee will happen with every board game I have lol)
Good quality plastic

Con: Can last a real long time so younger children may get board
If you're too heavy handed on the whacking feature, you may knock your characters down
on 20 December 2017
Delivery was very prompt and the parcel arrived in good condition. I was disappointed though, as a I had thought I was buying the Frustration game which I used to play, with the pop-o-matic dice 'shaker.' I don't like the new slam design, but wanted the game to play over Christmas, so am not going to bother to return it
on 2 June 2016
Classic game, given a modern twist. I had this as a kid, and yes its still as FRUSTRATING as ever, but the kids love it. And we parents do too if truth be told. Kids learn to wait their turn, and enjoy battering the dice popper in the middle.
They also experience the disappointment of being caught - but that only lasts until they jump on top of someone else's counter and send them packing too.

The Golden Genie adds a new dimension in that whoever has control of it can't be caught and sent back home.

All in all, a cracking game.
on 23 March 2017
played this a friends house and daughter loves it, only 6 and cheats like mad, great game for 2 to 4 players, misses was not happy loosing...lol
Can upset bad losers...... highly recommend
on 17 January 2018
This game states that it is for 5 years +, however having played this when I was younger I knew the concept and thought it would be a great way to teach my 3 year old turn taking and counting. It has been a great success, my son thoroughly enjoys being able to join in with everyone for a family game and even though he isn't always in it for the long haul he can be fully involved when he does give it a go. Great for recognising numbers on the dice and then corresponding that with the number of moves. Simple instructions to grasp.
on 24 December 2017
Excellent game. Played in my childhood and now my kids are playing it! Love it's unpredictability....one minute your so close to winning and the next your the one loosing. Live the new version, excellent family game! This is the second time I've brought this version and my kids lost the pieces to the last one. Thanks so much amazon
on 29 January 2018
A fantastic game for kids that adults can play along too (and stay entertained). This version has the addition of a second dice for the genie (if you have the genie you can't be sent home), I personally thought it an unnecessary addition bit my daughter LOVED it so it's a winner with kids. Well made good quality boardgame.
on 8 May 2017
Getting lots of enjoyment out of this game. My husband has some brain damage from a stroke so can only play simple to understand games. Seems to be enjoying this one.
on 6 March 2018
I bought this as a Birthday present for my son to give his friend. My son was given the same thing as a Christmas present and we have played it loads. My son loves it! It is well made and robust unlike a lot of modern games or modern remakes of traditional family games. The genie adds a new twist to a traditional game. Likely to buy again for other family and friends with children. Highly recommend.