Customer reviews

Connect 4 Dunk Game

on 30 January 2013
Got this for my kids and Christmas and they love it! So does their Dad!!
Its quite exciting trying to get your 4 counters in before your opponent and we really enjoyed playing this game!
on 9 January 2013
I bought this for my son for Christmas but he didn't get a look in when my family turned up, competition time!! It's not as easy as it looks and lots of fun was had by all. Easy to set up and put away. My brother has decided he wants one now for his kids.
on 25 December 2012
I bought this for my Son who loves Connect 4. It is obviously nothing like the original Connect 4 apart from you can win by scoring 4 in a row.

Put the 'dunk' tower in the centre and aim with the 'flickers' to dunk the disc in the tower. To be honest, it was my youngest son age 5 who did best at this game! My other Son thought he was 'cheating' as he kept his flicker in the same position but when my other children played, they proved that theory to be wrong!

We all enjoyed playing it. It actually became less about who could get four dunked in a row...we just enjoyed aiming and firing!

The only downside is I would have preferred it to come in a box like the original. The plastic packaging it does come in is not that good and not good for storing as well as a normal square box with a lid.
on 27 November 2013
I suggested this to my mum as a present idea for my 6 year old. It's a really good game. The counters are nice and solid, they rest well on the launchers and both my boys have really enjoyed playing. As my title says, it would have had full marks if it came in a proper box as I'm sure counters will start going missing soon. I know it looks better in the plastic and in shops people can see what they're buying but from a practical point of view.....
on 14 January 2013
I prefer original connect4. The kids like the firing action with Connect4 Dunk but it gets annoying when you have to keep retrieving the counters from under table, sofas etc.
on 24 September 2016
This game is a great favourite in our house! Good fun, quite addictive and anyone can have a go. We have bought this on a few occasions as gifts and they have always been a huge hit! So, five stars to this product!
Bought for age range 7 to 11 in this house but we are sure most ages would enjoy this!
on 8 January 2014
We bought this as a gift for our oldest son since we'd run out of ideas on what to get him, he didn't look particularly thrilled at it but on Boxing day after the adults we're suitably merry the kids challenged us to what is a glorified game of tiddlywinks - how annoying that the kids thrashed us getting 4in a row infuriatingly quickly whilst we flipped the disks anywhere but at the target it can be quite a furious game at 3all the pressure to hit the 4th disk into the target first to win gets tense, whats nice about this game is it suited my 5year old son and my 67 year old father in law a real family game, it lacks the thought and concentration of connect 4, there's no thinking involved nether the less we liked it.. it'll be back out at christmas again!
on 31 December 2014
Not very good very hard to get one in but to get 4 in a row quite impossible
on 29 December 2016
Bought for kids aged 7& 9 years. Needs putting together by am adult but they couldn't wait for the stickers to be put on before they played. They loved it and spend considerable time flicking their coins into the tower. The benefits are that although some skill involved is not dependent on age, so makes it a fairer challenge with different ages. Even the adults had fun battling with this, so would recommend.
Only curious to know why there are 5x red and 6x gold coins? Packed up on 5x and 5x with an extra gold - and the instructions all say 5x red and 6x gold with no explanation as to why?? (gamers can shoot at the same time, so no reason to why an airiness gold one?)
on 3 January 2014
Simple game to play. Enjoyed playing with the family, plenty of laughs( and minor disputes) value for money. Will be played for a long tme yet.

See one answered question