- Get 3 of 3 for £20 for £20.00 offered by Amazon.co.uk. Here's how (terms and conditions apply)
- Enjoy £1.00 reward to spend on movies or TV on Amazon Video when you purchase a DVD or Blu-ray offered by Amazon.co.uk. A maximum of 1 reward per customer applies. UK customers only. Offer ends at 23:59 GMT on Wednesday, December 20, 2017 Here's how (terms and conditions apply)
- Note: Blu-ray discs are in a high definition format and need to be played on a Blu-ray player.
Other Sellers on Amazon
Harvey [Blu-ray]  [Region Free]
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Special offers and product promotions
Frequently bought together
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
James Stewart gives one of his finest performances in this lighthearted film, based on the Pulitzer Prize-winning play.
Stewart stars as the good-natured Elwood P. Dowd, whose constant companion is Harvey, a six-foot tall rabbit that only he can see. To his sister, Veta Louise, Elwood's obsession with harvey has been a thorn in the side of her plans to marry off her daughter. But when Veta Louise decides to put Elwood in a mental hospital, a hilarious mix-up occurs and she finds herself committed instead.
It's up to Elwood to straighten out the mess with his kindly philosophy, and his "imaginary" friend, in this popular classic that features a Best Supporting Actress Academy Award® winning performance by Joesphine Hull.
It's always a small surprise to revisit this movie and realise what a subtly dark performance James Stewart gives as an alcoholic who claims he keeps company with a six-foot-tall, invisible rabbit. As Elwood P. Dowd, the actor emits a faint whiff of decay and spirits, yet Stewart also embraces Dowd's romanticism and grace with splendid ease. Based on a hit play and directed by Henry Koster, the film is terribly funny at times, especially whenever Elwood decides it is only polite to introduce Harvey to complete strangers. The supporting cast can't be beat. --Tom Keogh --This text refers to an out of print or unavailable edition of this title.
Customers who bought this item also bought
Top customer reviews
James Stewart should have won the Oscar for this. Politics deprived him Oscar for its a wonderful life and the academy has always struggled with giving oscars for comedic roles.
The magnificent Judy Holiday won the Oscar for her incredible performance in Born Yesterday so James steward could never win for Harvey as giving the two top acting oscars to comedic roles would not be politic.
Everything about this movie is perfect.
Above all, James Stewart is truly truly captivating. Elwood p dowd was his favourite character.
Harvey is perfect.
The film is in black and white despite the colour picture on the front of the box. Good quality picture and sound. There is a special introduction by James Stewart which needs to be accessed via extras on the disc menu.
Would you like to see more reviews about this item?
Most recent customer reviews
Look for similar items by category