- Paperback: 270 pages
- Publisher: Harvard Business School Press (1 April 1999)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0875849075
- ISBN-13: 978-0875849072
- Product Dimensions: 21.6 x 13.4 x 2 cm
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 1,788,857 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
- See Complete Table of Contents
Harvard Business Review on Managing People ("Harvard Business Review" Paperback) Paperback – 1 Apr 1999
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
Some of the chapters were actually copied in several books! Unbelivable.
I would probably recommend this series to school children interested in management - nothing more than that.
Especially interesting were the two articles on the performance of individuals and the messages -- both explicit and implicit -- that managers give to their reports and how they affect performance. You should definitely give them a read if you think you have an average to poor performer that you're actively working with right now.
Unfortunately, the HBR book series make a poor comparison. I have even wonder if HBR is recycling unused, or rejected submissions for these books.
I bought Managing People, Brand managment and Marketing and stopped reading each after just two articles. They were just all a waste of time.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Business, Finance & Law > Careers > Entrepreneurship
- Books > Business, Finance & Law > Management > Human Resources > Human Resources Management
- Books > Business, Finance & Law > Professional Finance > Investments & Securities > Commodities
- Books > Business, Finance & Law > Small Business & Entrepreneurship > Entrepreneurship