- Paperback: 544 pages
- Publisher: Churchill Livingstone; 4 edition (25 Oct. 2001)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0443072175
- ISBN-13: 978-0443072178
- Product Dimensions: 15.6 x 2.8 x 23.4 cm
- Average Customer Review: 4.4 out of 5 stars See all reviews (17 customer reviews)
Amazon Bestsellers Rank:
183,937 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
- #42 in Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Medical & Healthcare Practitioners > Ancillary Services > Hypnotherapy
- #136 in Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Psychology & Psychiatry > Specific Topics > Compulsive Behaviour
- #1010 in Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Health Issues > Popular Medicine
- See Complete Table of Contents
Hartland's Medical and Dental Hypnosis, 4e Paperback – 25 Oct 2001
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
About the Author
The authors set up and have taught the clinical hypnosis courses at the University of Sheffield (Dept of Psychiatry) and University College London (Dept of Psychology) since 1990, teaching GPs and psychiatrists as well as dentistsand psychologists. Therefore, they are uniquely well placed to be able to carry on the "medical and dental" tradition of Hartland (although Dr Heap is a psychologist - but he is a fellow of the RSM), which is seen as crucial, while understanding the interest of the other readers who have certainly bought and used this book is the current and previous editions.
In addition, Dr Heap is the current Editor of the journal "Contemporary Hypnosis" and has written and edited a number of books on hypnosis:
Gibson & Heap, Hypnosis in Therapy, 1991, Laurence Erlbaum Associates
Heap, Hypnosis Current Clinical, Experimental and Forensic Practices, Croom Helm 1988
Hawkins & Heap, Hypnosis in Europe, Whurr 1998
BothDrs Heap and Aravind are members of the Hypnosis and Psychosomatic Medicine section of the RSM, and Dr Heap is a recent past President of the British Society of Experimental and Clinical Hypnosis.
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Top Customer Reviews
Donald Robertson, author of,
The Philosophy of Cognitive-Behavioural Therapy (CBT): Stoic Philosophy as Rational and Cognitive Psychotherapy
The Discovery of Hypnosis: The Complete Writings of James Braid the Father of Hypnotherapy
The Practice of Cognitive-Behavioural Hypnotherapy
I'm trying my best to learn as much as I can from it because the author appears to know what he's talking about, but he also likes to use 100 words when 5 would have done.
Considering the price I would have hoped for it to be made a little more entertaining and therefore easier to read... I mean, seriously, it's like pulling teeth! But where every tooth gives you useful information (if you were disciplined enough to continue reading), but then you hit a new chapter and instantly wonder if there is some other task that needs doing around the house.
I have to say that it has practially everything you need to know to understand how hypnotherapy works and its uses; it gives you a good idea on what your scripts should be like; and has a great history on hypnotherapy. pretty much everything the course would teach you, so I would suggest that if you are considering a course in hypnotherapy out of curiousity ( and not if you want to actually practise and need certification obviously), you might as well read the book first, you would probably find that it's all you need.
It's not very helpful if you are looking to set up a practise and need practical information though, you might want to find something more specific for that.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
very good buy. It is a complete guide for the hypnotherapist student.Published 14 months ago by Isabel Capraro
Purchased this item as a gift for my husband who is studying Hypnosis.
The book was from his tutors recommended book list and has proved invaluable.
This is still excellent base for study of hypnotherapy and standard text book for anyone training in hypnosis and related therapy.Published on 27 Mar. 2014 by rarebird
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Complementary Medicine
- Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Health Issues > Popular Medicine
- Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Medical & Healthcare Practitioners > Ancillary Services > Hypnotherapy
- Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Medical & Healthcare Practitioners > Other Branches of Medicine > Psychiatry
- Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Psychology & Psychiatry > Pathological Psychology
- Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Psychology & Psychiatry > Specific Topics > Compulsive Behaviour
- Books > Science & Nature > Medicine
- Books > Scientific, Technical & Medical > Medicine & Nursing