on 19 May 2014
I have happy memories of watching Hart to Hart on Sunday afternoons with my Mum in the early 80s. Robert Wagner and Stephanie Powers have such great on-screen chemistry it is no wonder both their real life partners were jealous. This is a glamorous series full of good-looking people and beautiful locations.

The two hour pilot is included here and it is embarrassingly awful. Robert Wagner in a white onesie and what looks like an ill-fitting toupee has no end of cheesy lines. I thought it would be the story of how the Harts met but it isn't. Set in a health-farm the plot is laughable and the acting as hammy as anything I've ever seen. We will swiftly move on. My review would have been five stars if it hadn't been for this hammy horror.

The plot to most of the series episodes goes like this: Jonathan & Jennifer flirt outrageously with each other, every single man Jennifer meets tells her how beautiful she is, she gets kidnapped and Jonathan saves her. Alternatively Jonathan gets into danger when investing in a new business. Whatever the variation on these storylines the Harts will almost certainly end up in fluffy his'n'hers bathrobes by the end and you just know Jennifer never goes to bed with a headache. The Hart's don't have any children to get in the way of their escapades, Max the gruff-voiced butler and Freeway the dog make up their little family.

This is perfect rainy day viewing. Yes Robert Wagner may be a bit smarmy and the plots are hardly taxing on the brain but it is glamorous, romantic and fun. Wonderful.
One person found this helpful
on 18 May 2015
it came very fast with great service. This hart to hart has action, a romantic couple fighting for the true, fun to watch and love the dog Freeway. I just cant stop watching it again and again. Its extremely popular in France, so if you haven't seen it get it. Its not one of those boring dvd, you will love it.
on 5 January 2017
Very watchable very enguaging series which has all the substance of helium. Total fluff but totally charming and very watchable. They don't make em like this anymore.
on 17 April 2009
I have to say this first series is excellent value for money, not only do you get the Pilot but the whole first series over 18 hours of fab retro tv, 23 episodes, now where do you get that value today, most series are about 10 episodes long if that.
It takes me back to my youth as with a few other different shows, its something you can sit and enjoy watching.
I am slowly running out of normal tv to watch these days, a little fed up of the same intense series with physco killers etc, good to have something great to fall back on. I'm sure the next series will be just as great viewing as the first thats my next purchase
on 12 May 2016
I love hart to hart it's one of my favourites . I'm really hoping that the complete season collection gets added soon as I really want to buy them.I bought the first season of starsky and hutch months aga and am still waiting for the other three seasons to be added too.
on 25 July 2016
The dvd is most enjoyable thanks
on 3 October 2015
Lovely man said how sorry it was so late well done 😊
on 16 January 2015
Just as good as new, very pleased with this supplier. Thanks
on 15 April 2008
The packaging says the DVD has English and German audio when in fact it has the same as the Region 1 release, namely English and French, same for subtitles. The packaging states that it has English, German, Greek, and Turkish subtitles but unfortunately only English and French. The current 86% off Amazon deal is the sweetest and you won't find this set cheaper, not even used.
7 people found this helpful