Customer reviews

on 22 December 1998
If someone had asked me what I thought Harry would come across before I read the book I wouldnt have been far off and I dont think 99% of footballing folk would be either. Harry is as straightforward and honest as he appears. He is not a quiet thinker and master tactician like Wenger or a loud been there done it like Fergie, Harry plays it as he sees it and it doesnt work every time. Strangely, as a Hammers season ticket holder for 20 years, I found the tales of skullduggery in the lower leagues far more interesting than those from the Hammers camp, maybe because I already knew most of the West Ham tales (sometimes from the other side of the coin). The book seems to follow no path and seems off the cuff but I guess thats how Harry is. His praise of Jamie maybe goes a bit ott as I think he may under acheive just as Harry says he himself did but then Harry is a proud father. I would say the only person Harry isnt always honest with is himself. He tends to take the plaudits for getting Hartson and Kitson but wants to take no real blame for Booger, Beachamp or Radiciou. As all proceeds go to lukemea charity (a brilliant gesture in this day for someone no where near as comfortable as the likes of Dalglish and co) I say go and buy it, you wont burn too many brain cells and it will make you laugh.
on 3 March 1999
This book is one of the better football autobiographies around at the minute. Redknapp pulls no punches and tells it like it is in the world of football managent. His tale of swooping for Paolo Futre under Jim Smith's nose and a run in with Barry Fry are funny.
on 11 February 2015