Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Audio Cassette – Audiobook, 20 Aug 2007
|New from||Used from|
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Enter your mobile number below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
The Final Chapter
The pubdate of the seventh and final Harry Potter audio book has been announced, and the rumours are already circulating - what are the Deathly Hallows? Who will make it through to the end? Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows CD Set tells the story of Harry's final year at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry and this is set to be the best audio book out of the series! .
'Like the rest of the world, I have to know what happens next.' Kate Saunders, New StatesmanSee all Product Description
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
Title: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows
Reading time: 2 days
Rating: 9 ½ / 10
Its no secret that J.K.Rowling has an imagination we'd all like to take credit for, however I don't think anyone expected, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, to be as captivating as it was. I, for one, could not put it down. Only after hours of reading would I finally give in to my chronic back ache and or droopy eyelids.
Having been with these characters since they were 11, you already know what you're getting. You feel like you know the score. But what you don't expect is how the unraveling of the story brings you closer to the characters you feel like you know so well. You experience they're conflict when confronted with riddles and clues, you experience them dealing with battle and loss, and amongst this, you experience they're everyday teenage angst as they deal with some long overdue love. I no what your thinking, that they've done these things in the others books too, but I can safely say, never like this. Never in a way that has you glued to your seat, soaking in words like they were crack.
For me Harry Potter has been a constant in my life, for as long as I can remember pointing at old buildings and asking my Mum if I'd found Hogwarts, so reaching the end was always going to be emotional. But I never expected that saying goodbye to Harry, Ron and Hermione would be like losing three old friends.Read more ›
I finished Deathly Hallows for the second time last night and could happily pick it up and start reading it again.
absoloutly gripping from the first sentence to the last, harry potter and the deathly hallows completes harry's journey in the wonderful, sometimes sad, incredibly dangerous world of magic.
unlike the other books, this novel is full of destruction, death and loss. It doesnt even have the spirit-lifting moments of humor for us to depend on. however, i think this book is enough fast moving that you dont think about it too much and you just become engrossed with the charecters lives. to tell you the truth i find it impossible to fault this book. a 100% must read, and best harry potter ever.
The tight-rope that JKR walks as she endeavours to mix adventure, mystery, morality, emotion and humour into her tale (all the while having to contend with the breathless anticipation of her vast reading public) is almost impossible to stay upright on - to be sure, I thought there were some wobbles here as characters get shunted around locations in a somewhat unrealistic fashion - but her achievement in having captivated our attentions for so long with such a great work of imagination can't be denigrated. This is a fine ending to a wonderful story.
- Why are the Weasleys poor? They can DO MAGIC! Even if it is against some kind of wizard rule to magic money out of thin air, it can't be that hard to rustle up a few quid if you can make things appear and disappear at will...
- What the Hell do adult wizards do? There is limited careers advice at Hogwarts, which is perhaps not surprising given that lack of career options available to wizards after they leave school. These comprise a) teach at Hogwarts, b) work at Ministry of Magic or c) become a lone crackpot. The majority will end up at the Ministry; a vast organisation looking after wizards, the majority of whom appear to work in that very building. Who on Earth pays for all these bureaucrats? One can only assume that the Weasleys' apparent poverty is the result of the extreme taxation that has to be applied to pay for the running of the Ministry...
- Who sets the curriculum at Hogwarts? It is unsurprising that wizards can do almost nothing when they leave school because they are lacking basic skills. Maths, anyone? The nearest they get to numerical work is arithmancy, but only Hermione seems to take this subject. (What does the arithmancy teacher do while waiting for Hermione to turn up?). Even for a wizard, it is more important to be able to add up a bill, write a sentence, speak a couple of words of French, or turn a mouse into a chicken and back again? It's OK, though, because one of the subjects that did make the cut is divination, despite it being an open secret that the teacher is incompetent and that the subject is nonsense...
- How does anyone get better at Quidditch? Sporting options at limited at Hogwarts.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
This series was the thing that got me into reading I would recommend it to all ages it is amazing!!!!Published 5 hours ago by Rebecca West
I loved it
Will read again soon but I'm just sayin thins to finish the words for the comment but I will read again
Love Harry Potter and my cousin does too so I had to complete her set.Published 3 days ago by Amazon Customer
Oh the nostalgia. Well this was my first Amazon purchase in the summer of 2007. The reason i created an Amazon account in the first place. Read morePublished 3 days ago by Ayaz
As part of the '3 books for £10 offer' from Amazon (free delivery included) this really was a complete bargain - thank you! Read morePublished 6 days ago by Amazon Customer
I can NOT stop reading this.It is so good and I Reccomend it to all Harry Potter fans!🎿Published 6 days ago by Mama C
I brought this book second hand and it is what I was expecting. There is no damage to the cover or pages, and even though you expect a little page folding or bent spine this is in... Read morePublished 7 days ago by Amazon Customer
A perfect series of books with intrigue, excitement and entertainment at every corner. A world so detailed that it seems completely real regardless of its fantastical nature. Read morePublished 9 days ago by Paul Waters