- Visit the Small Animal Collars, Leads & Harnesses Store for a huge selection of collars, leads and harnesses for rabbits, guinea pigs, ferrets, hamsters, rats and mice from great brands at top prices.
- Visit the Small Animal Store for great offers on food and accessories for rabbits, guinea pigs, hamsters, mice and more from top brands.
- Visit the Pet Supplies Store for a huge selection of pet supplies from great brands at top prices.
- Visit the Small Animal Treats Store for a huge selection of small animal treats from great brands at top prices.
- Visit the Deals in Pet Supplies Page for great discounts on a range of top-brand pet supplies products.
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ FREE UK delivery
Harringtons Optimum Guinea Pig 10 Kg
|Deal Price:||£13.40 (£1.34 / kg) & FREE UK Delivery on orders dispatched by Amazon over £20. Delivery Details|
|You Save:||£5.59 (29%)|
- All in one nugget to help prevent selective feeding
- With added vitamin c essential for all guinea pigs
- With calcium and phosphorous for strong teeth and bones
- With high quality fibre to help support digestion
- With no artificial colours or flavours and no added sugar
Unlock 15% savings on this product when you subscribe to repeat deliveries on 5 or more products that arrive in the same month. No signup fees. Skip or cancel any time, and delivery is FREE. Learn more
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Special offers and product promotions
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you've entered a valid question. You can edit your question or post anyway.
In the late 19th Century, Great Grandfather Harrington started a feed milling business in Yorkshire, England. Three generations later, Harringtons retains a proud family tradition of producing top quality foods for a variety of animals. Our products are stocked in a broad range of retailers throughout the UK and we are now exporting all over the world. Drawing on four generations of feed milling and animal food manufacturing experience, Harringtons have developed a range of food and treats to ensure your dog, cat, rabbit or guinea pig can eat high quality food at an affordable price. Sourcing locally grown products wherever possible and manufacturing all our products exclusively within the UK we aim to provide wholesome food and treats free from any artificial flavours or colours.
Harringtons is a family owned and managed business which we think gives us a closer relationship with our customers. Our products and long term company decisions reflect our core company values: no compromise on quality or ingredients used, no wastage associated with ‘big company’ cost structure, no expensive, unnecessary packaging, respect for the environment, continued investment into our factory and staff, good honest Yorkshire value.
Harringtons Optimum Guinea Pig
Harringtons Optimum Guinea Pig has been carefully formulated to provide a nutritious, complementary diet in a single pellet. Each and every pellet contains a variety of high quality ingredients and is fortified with vitamins and minerals to help support your guinea pig’s immune system. Like all our products, the Optimum Guinea Pig is free from artificial colours and flavours and has no added sugar.
Feeding Guide and Analysis
Guinea pigs need access to unlimited amounts of fresh hay and water at all times. Hay is essential in their diets, it helps maintain a healthy digestion and encourages tooth wear. For a detailed feeding guide, please see back of pack. Analysis: Protein 17%, Fat Content 4.5%, Crude Fibre 17%, Crude Ash 7%, Calcium 0.8%, Phosphorous 0.6%
- No artificial colours or flavours
- No added sugar
- With added prebiotic to help support digestive function
- With apple and grape extract for extra flavour
- With calcium and phosphorous for strong teeth and bones
- With added vitamin C, essential for guinea pig health
- Nutritionally balanced, all-in-one nugget to help prevent selective feeding
- With antioxidant vitamins A&E to help support a healthy immune system
Sunflower Ext., Wheatfeed, Lucerne, Oatfeed, Maize, Grass, Apple, Grape, Carob Meal, Vegetable Oil, Linseed, Minerals, Yeast (0.1%).See all Product description
What do customers buy after viewing this item?
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
In the past we have tried the 2 kg pack of this and one thing I noticed is that this big pack's pellets are bigger than in the smaller pack. I am not sure what's the reason of this, maybe new formula? This is my only concern with this but I believe this pack was genuine, I assume they have made the pellets bigger so piggies don't choke on them.
If your guinea pigs are picky, you should give this a try, but maybe buy the smaller 2 kg pack first to see if they like it. This huge pack is of great value. I will definitely be rebuying this huge pack of guinea pig noms!
Thank you for reading and if you find my review helpful, please let me know by clicking 'Yes' below, I'd love to know you liked my review! Also feel free to ask questions, I take only a few hours to reply.
as it's lucerne (alfalfa) based, it's a lot higher in protein and calcium than it needs to be. alfalfa is recommended for young, pregnant and growing piggies. continuous feeding in adults is likely to lead to bladder/kidney stones, bladder sludge, and protein build ups. the protein content is 17%, where as ideally it should be around 14%.
crude fibre is also not ideal at only 17%. although not as low as some foods, some brands (such as oxbow) are 28%. since guinea pigs rely on crude fibre to keep their digestive system moving, it's vital to get a high (CRUDE) fibre food.
in it's favour is the fact its a single pellet form, and they're very small and tempting to piggies. no selective feeding, and everyone seems to like it.
definitely wouldn't feed long term to adults, but not as awful as some foods available. Look into the nutritional requirements of piggies and make up your own mind!
Most recent customer reviews