Format: Audio CD|Change
Price:£6.99+ £1.26 shipping

on 9 February 2004
I was pleasantly surprised when I first heard Harpistry on the radio. With an album collection varying from Stevie Wonder to Alanis Morissette, I hardly expected the effect of the music I heard. No twee plucking of strings, but raw emotions beaming from my speakers. Julia Thornton is undoubtedly an artist, not just a good musician, as only artists are able to convey emotions in their work. Praise also to the producer for some exquisite arrangements and bold decisions.
Perfect for a lazy sunday morning or a relaxing evening after a hectic day. Looking forward to album number 2!
on 12 May 2004
A delightful and accomplished CD: as an amateur harpist, I found this stimulating to listen to - a well balanced collection, technically superb and played with passion: a really interesting collection. Julia Thornton has a strong feel for the period of each piece: my two favourites have to be 'Lachrimae Antiquae' - which immediately transports you to the world of the Elizabethan court, closely followed by her skilful and accomplished adaptation of Beethoven's adagio from 'The Emperor'. Listen to it at any time -wonderful music to drive and/or unwind to - guaranteed to relieve all stress!
on 11 February 2014
Like Eye of the Storm, this album features Juiia at her very best, when she is converting us to the classics. She obviously trained on these and the years of practice means we get to hear perfection on disc. This cd takes me to another time and another place. A sheer delight for all those whose love of the harp is limitless.
on 3 January 2004
I heard this for the first time on classic fm. A harp as it should sound, as in our dreams sounds. Morpheus in his greatest wonders could not lull as she does, or excite as the greatest Caleigh. Sweet sounding, yet technical (don’t scream! I did musical theory at uni! – means she researched the period and the theory and the way it should sound), and not over sweet. No plush over working here where sound (musac) values here mean more than what the composer wanted.
One track – bought me the album. I am best pleased.
on 19 September 2012
The sleeve photo of a blonde blue eyed and busty lady would make you want to investigate further.I mean forget about Page 3 rubbish .
Inside there's an even bigger version of this photo plus a number of others in a different dress.
The music is 100% classical and this makes her more appealing than her near namesake Julie Allis who does todays pop music.
on 12 March 2015
Very good harpist and relaxing listening.