- Save 10% on selected children’s books, compliments of Amazon Family Promotion exclusive for Prime members .
Harmony of the Four Gospels, A: The New International Version Paperback – 1 May 1996
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Special offers and product promotions
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Most helpful customer reviews on Amazon.com
2. Note the differences. See where one gospel leaves something out that others don't, or where one gospel puts something in that none of the rest have. When I did this, I was quite surprised to discover such things as: (1) Mark contains more detail and pathos than the others (note the account of Jairus); (2) Matthew arranges content more topically (note the parables in Mt 13); (3) Luke interviewed Jesus' mother (she treasured these things in her heart) and wrote the 1st 2 chapters from that interview (among other things); (4) John wrote later, putting in events that were too dangerous to the subjects to write earlier (man born blind, Lazarus).
3. Diminish the doctrines and magnify the Life. Let the story of Jesus and all the other people in the accounts stir your heart. It is the reality of His life that has a greater power to spur us on to follow Him, not the study and memorization of creeds. Use a sanctified imagination to "put yourself in the boat" and may the Spirit give you inspiration.
Look for similar items by category