Harmonograph: A Visual Guide to the Mathematics of Music (Wooden Books Gift Book) Paperback – 25 Oct 2005
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
"Beautiful" -- London Review of Books
About the Author
Anthony Ashton is a journalist and company director. A lifelong passion for understanding what makes things tick eventually lead to this extraordinary book. He is currently writing a book on the Universe.
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
I'm no mathematician, & the maths involved in this little book has bent my poor beleaguered brain into some weird shapes, but that's one of the reasons i like it so much!
As a wise quote from somewhere has it,
"The similarity between the words magic & music is no coincidence"
A feast for the mind, & for the eyes.
I highly recommend getting this book. Don't expect it to give you all the answers. It is a finger pointing towards the moon...
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Lovely book. Really interesting. Very prompt service. I would recommend this seller.Published 7 months ago by Jean
Interesting book, some tiny print, I needed a magnifying glass sometimes.Published 19 months ago by lpagross
This was bought as a Christmas present for someone with a keen interest in music and maths. I glanced through it before wrapping it and was delighted by the beautiful illustrations... Read morePublished 19 months ago by Eimear Quinn
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Art, Architecture & Photography
- Books > Music, Stage & Screen > Music > Musical Theory & Composition > Musical Theory
- Books > Science & Nature > Engineering & Technology > Production, Manufacturing & Operational > Materials & Industries
- Books > Science & Nature > Experiments, Instruments & Measurements > Equipment & Techniques
- Books > Science & Nature > Physics > Applied Physics