The Hardware Startup: Building Your Product, Business, and Brand Paperback – 21 Jun 2015
|New from||Used from|
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Enter your mobile number below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
About the Author
Renee DiResta is Vice President of Business Development at Haven, a marketplace for ocean freight shipping, and a cofounder of the IoT Syndicate on AngelList. She was previously a Principal at O’Reilly AlphaTech Ventures (OATV), where she spent four years as a VC investing in seed-stage technology startups. Prior to OATV, Renee spent seven years an equity derivatives trader at Jane Street Capital, a quantitative proprietary trading firm in NYC. For fun, she plays with data sets, helps run The Maker Map open-source project, and is an avid crafter. Renee holds a B.S. in Computer Science and Political Science from the Honors College of SUNY Stony Brook. She lives on the web at http://noupsi.de and @noupside.
Brady Forrest (@brady) runs Highway1, PCH's accelerator. You can see his day-to-day work with hardware startups on Syfy's Bazillion Dollar Club (to be released Fall 2015). He cofounded and shepherds Ignite, a global talk series, and is part of the team currently organizing Ignite SF. He's a Venture Advisor to 500 Startups and helps arts organizations via CAST-sf.org. Formerly, he worked on a number of things at O'Reilly Media, including the Radar blog, Web 2.0 Expo, Where 2.0, ETech, and Foo Camp. Most years, you can find him on the playa.
Ryan Vinyard is the Engineering Lead at Highway1, a hardware-focused startup accelerator located in San Francisco under parent company PCH International. He is a mechanical engineer who came to PCH through its consulting arm Lime Lab, where he developed consumer products for Fortune 500 brands. Previously, Ryan worked at startups in the cleantech and electric vehicle space, where he developed novel powertrain, motor control, and thermal systems. Ryan holds a B.S. in Product Design from Stanford University.
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
Admittedly, I did rush through the read the first time through, my experience with books on this and similar topics is that there's really no new information, and just a lot of words to thicken the book without added value. This isn't the case here, and even the things I already knew were approached in ways that helped me gain a more solid understanding and start to "gel" some of the things I'd already been thinking. I'll reread it again soon, and hopefully have some more in-depth insights to share in this review.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Art, Architecture & Photography > Design Studies > Industrial Design
- Books > Business, Finance & Law > E-Commerce > Managers' Guides to Computing
- Books > Business, Finance & Law > Sales & Marketing > Brands & Corporate Identity
- Books > Business, Finance & Law > Small Business & Entrepreneurship > Starting a Business
- Books > Computing & Internet > Computer Science > Information Systems
- Books > Science & Nature > Engineering & Technology > Engineering Skills & Design > Industrial Design
- Books > Science & Nature > Engineering & Technology > Production, Manufacturing & Operational > Computer Aided Manufacture
- Books > Science & Nature > Engineering & Technology > Production, Manufacturing & Operational > Manufacturing