on 3 January 2014
It all seems so straightforward when clearly explained by Cathy Glass!
Already I've started the 3R's and have felt much more in control of both myself and my 2 year old daughter.
Instead of lengthy confrontations ending in me shouting I'm calmer when dealing with problems as I have a clear path to take and though the daily battles to get her washed, fed, clothed, in the car, to bed etc are still happening they are less intense and more manageable. Already she has started to realise I am not going to give way!
An easy book to read and full of clear, easy to use advice
on 17 April 2012
As a foster carer I am a devoted fan of Cathy Glass. I have used her books as a guide and she has been a great teacher. I have learned from her more than any other person in this field of work. In Happy Adults she has guided me through a more rewarding and furitful life and have helped me realise my own self worth and my own right to happiness. All her books, including Happy Adults, are easy to read and easy to understand and free of jargon - right to the point and fluent.
on 28 June 2014
I did find some of this rather patronising,but I suppose what seems obvious to one parent might not to another.It also gets a bit repetitive about her three R"s technique which I think most parents use to a certain degree anyway.The book does Gove some insights into a child's mind that I found thought provoking and will probably come in handy,sometimes it doesn't hurt to read someone else's advice,even if you don't want to follow it to the letter!
on 21 November 2015
Purchased this along side a few other books, I just really want to be the best for my little one and make sure she is a well mannered, confident and happy child and this book has really simple reminders when done consistently the results are instant. 👍
TOP 500 REVIEWERVINE VOICEon 3 March 2013
I purchased this as a gift for a friend of mine whose first baby is about 9 months old.

I had a brief look inside and it seemded to be helpful. Having read all of Cathy Glass's memoirs about the children that she has fostered, I have absolutley no doubt in my mind, that any advice she gives will be good advice and be very helpful in the bringing up of happy, well adjusted children.
on 20 May 2013
A well written guide to managing behaviour in children from 0~25+ and aimed at anyone who has contact with children from parents to teachers and family friends. The author uses sanctions, consistency and appropriate language to promote respect and boundaries. Helpfully divided into chapters for easy reference so you can pick out the chapters you need to read.
on 21 June 2012
I had high hopes of this book having read previous reviews and having taken account of the author's vast wealth of experience. However, I found it a little dictatorial. Some of the techniques were interesting eg closed choice questions. It adds to other books but wouldn't look for all the answers here (if anywhere?!).
on 6 June 2015
Helped me so much to calm not only my children but me And husband too.
It's all common sense but until you read it you don't realise you have become something you're not.
It makes you take stock and think about how you deal with things.
My home has been a lot calmer, more civil and we've started to be nice to each other again instead of a family so hectic and dis organised ruled by the kids.
on 8 May 2012
Another great book from Cathy Glass, have read many of her books of the children she fosters and always thought how amazingly well she handles the children! So thought I would read this to help with 'trying' 9 year old. It is a good book, a bit more insight into explaining the possible reasons for bad behaviour as apposed to dealing with it. The advise on how to deal with bad behaviour is pretty standard, although the book itself helped alot with with information on why they might be misbehaving etc.
I will definately be taking on the advise she has given and the book is worth a read!!
on 8 May 2014
Cathy understands the needs of children and their need for firm boundaries to keep safe and happy. This is a good book to have in your bookcase and refer to to affirm your own common sense!