Format: Paperback|Change

on 30 October 2010
review
The perfect book to end this wonderful series.

Parker Brown loves her life. Working together with her three best friends in their own wedding business is everything she wished for. She doesn't mind the long hours and hard work because she believes in love and giving couples a great start into their marriage makes her happy.
After Mac, Emma and Laurel all found love Parker is wondering what the future holds for her. Sure Malcolm Kavanaugh is sexy, charming, a good son and friend and also hardworking. But he also irritates her whenever they meet. At first Parker isn't sure how to handle the attraction she feels for Mal but comes to realize that giving him and their relationship a chance might be one of the best decisions in her life.
Will Mal and Parker find a way to their personal happy end although on first glance they couldn't be more different?

It's no secret that I adore the books in the Bride Quartet by Nora Roberts and "Happy Ever After" is no exception. The book fits perfectly in this series because it's just as lovely, entertaining and full of great characters as the other three books.
I loved reading about Parker & Mal and how they got to know each other better. On first glance they are quiet different but they value the same things and it's soon pretty clear that they are perfect for each other. I liked Parker from book one on and I was so happy to read how she found love with a great man who respects her dreams and ambitions.
Mal is a fantastic hero. Learning more about his hard past made me want to hug him. I loved how he thinks about cheaters and bullies and that he is as open-minded as the others. Parker and Mal's relationship is even less dramatic than the ones in the other three books and I love that Nora Roberts doesn't need a big showdown to write wonderful and emotional books.
The book is not only beautiful and relaxed but also pretty funny and I had to smile a lot while reading it. One of my highlights is how Parker and Mal dealt with Linda at Mac and Carter's wedding. I thought that there would be something dramatic but the way Nora Roberts wrote it was so much better and made me like Mal even more.
I also loved the scenes in which the guys (Carter, Jack and Del) talked about their fiancees to Mal. To read how much they love and respect their women was heart-warming and wonderful.
Another thing I enjoy in this series is that it's about love and friendship and that Nora Roberts doesn't make differences between heterosexual and gay couples. "Happy Ever After" and the Bride Quartet are a celebration of love and there's no place for prejudices. If you are looking for beautiful romances with great characters that concentrate on friendship and little details then you will love this book and the series.

cover
A beautiful (both the US and UK) cover and just perfect for the book.

final appraisal
A book to sit back, relax and just enjoy reading about friendship and love. I enjoyed every little detail about this book and the whole series. If you are looking for drama then it's not for you but if you are looking for a beautifully written and calm love story full of deep feelings then you will enjoy "Happy Ever After". It's one of the books that I will reread again and again because it's just so wonderful and makes me happy.
33 Comments| 52 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 31 December 2010
I so enjoyed the previous three Bride Quartet books by Nora Roberts, And the same goes for "Happy Ever After". It's a perfect final book to the series, lovely, funny (as usual I read with a frequent smile or chuckle), a revisit with the couples from the other three books. In each of the other books, there are brief glimpses of Parker and Mal, a long intro as it were to book four. And now, finally, I got to see their relationship unfold - I just loved reading about them, their differences, what they value and cherish. Parker and Mal are perfect for each other and I am so happy they found each other.

Throughout the series, I also enjoyed the close and beautiful friendship between Emma, Mac, Laurel and Parker. I loved that they took what they loved as children and turned it into a thriving business, each with their own niche. They love and protect each other, involve themselves in each other's lives, back off when they need to. They all find men who are perfect for them, and who join their mix and enhance the friendship. A lovely group of people.

For those of us who love reading Nora Roberts at her best, I can definitely recommend the Bride Quartet. I know that I will reread these books many times in the future.
on 4 January 2011
I have read nearly all of Nora Roberts Books and have enjoyed most of them. The Bride Quartet whilst modern was thorouoghly enjoyable and I read Happy Ever After very quickly. The only critisism I have is that it finished all too quickly but does give scope for a follow on. (Hopefully)These three friends and their future families deserve further stories. Nora Roberts books are very diverse and I always look forward to new releases with relish. I have just finished a stand alone book called Search and it was brilliant. Those who have never read Nora Roberts are missing a treat - I cannot give a particular favourite but the MacGregors are a must for family orientated reading.
on 16 April 2011
I have to say that the price of this book compared to the other three in the quartet was a bit of a shock, but I couldn't not buy it when I had enjoyed the others so much.

I love a story with a beginning, a middle, and a proper ending, and these fit into that genre very well. Although the books are light reading, I have found them really uplifting - they are fun, and so romantic. If you aren't at all 'girly' they are unlikely to appeal to you, but if you like a little happy escapism sometimes, these will do it for you.

I feel sad now I've finished the quartet - I'll miss these characters in whose lives I had become so interested!
on 4 January 2011
I loved this book. it was a Xmas present and I couldn't wait to get started.
A lovely end to a series. I have enjoyed all the book in this quartet and look forward to another series ASAP. I would recommend Nora Robert to anyone who likes a good love story with brilliant characters.After arranging all those weddings for so many people it was time for these women especially Parker to have a lovely man to marry.
on 14 July 2012
I've read numerous contemporary romance novels in the past couple of years and I'm always happy to give new authors a chance. But, I have to say that more than a decade after reading my first NR novel I'm still convinced that there are few authors of contemporary romance who can rival her! Although there is little doubt in my mind about NR's ablities as a story-teller and writer, I'm also aware that her work can be a bit hit and miss some times. Like many other readers and reviewers I've read my fair share of her novels and some were fabulous while some managed to leave me cold. My favourites by NR include 'Montana Sky', the 'Key' trilogy, the 'Sign of Seven' trilogy and the 'Circle' trilogy. I was a bit hesitant to purchase the 'Bride Quartet' series but it was worth every penny! I'm happy to report that this is NR at her best! And the last volume in the series turned out to be my favourite one! I loved 'Savour the Moment' but 'Happy Ever After' was even better! Highly recommended!
on 23 February 2011
I thought it was a good ending to the series of bridal books. This last book,tied all three books together in a seamless fashsion. I would of like to have read about to all four weddings. the other two weddings & Parkers which is to be the last one we can only speculater on. I would still recommend these books to other people .
on 28 January 2011
Typical Nora Roberts romance, however as the fourth and concluding part in the series it was also predictable not only the happy ever after but the predictability of the characters and what was going to happen throughout the book.
on 7 May 2011
I have read all the books in this series in the last month. I did not read them in the correct order but once I had read one I had to read the others.
I really hope that there are further books to follow as I would like to read about the remaining 3 weddings & future families & progress of the Vows business as well.
Had never read any Nora Roberts books prior to the Bride quartet but I am now reading my second book from the MacGregor family sagas which I am also thoroughly enjoying.
These are light hearted "feel good" books & I will certainly be packing some further titles to take with me on my next beach holiday!
on 19 February 2011
I love Nora Roberts she has such a way with her writing she pulls you right into the story from beginning to end I have all the bride quartet books I have not been able to put any of them down. The lives of Mackensie, Parker, Laurel and Emmaline become alive, there are funny, sad and really happy moments in the books this book with no exception. This book leaves you wanting more again I am hoping there is another one to follow. As I waited eagerly for this one to come out after I'd read the previous books Vision in White, Bed of Roses and Savour the Moment.

A fabulous book and a fabulous series of books