TOP 500 REVIEWERon 30 April 2013
I ordered this because the reviews were (mostly) favourable and it seemed like an excellent price for a deep, pocket sprung mattress.

DELIVERY: The usual issue (for me) is delivery. We both work full-time, and we cannot exactly fit a mattress into our hatchback.
The supplier rang me within 2 days of ordering to arrange delivery. They could not give me a specific "window" - their courier could only guarantee that it would be on the agreed day, between 9am and 5pm. Oh well. On the day, I duly installed my retired father in my home before 9am, supplied with snacks, daily paper, iPad and TV remote. I was delighted when he rang me at 9:45am to say that the mattress had just been delivered. At least he'd only had a 45 minute wait - barely enough time to read his paper.
The delivery men were very co-operative; carrying it through to the bedroom. Well, we do live in a bungalow, so I suppose it wasn't that difficult, but still nice of them.

WRAPPING/CONDITION: It was well packaged in 2 thick layers of plastic, which my father asked me to remove carefully, because he wanted it for his garden. No damage, very clean once unwrapped.

USE/COMFORT: So far, so good. Supportive, and comfortable. I haven't turned it yet, but I can lift it and manoeuvre it, so I don't anticipate any problems.

UPDATE: (March 2016) - nearly three years on, it is still fine - comfortable and supportive. I'm about 9.5 stone, my other half is about 11 stone, and the mattress is in our bedroom. I always turn it at least once a month, and it's only just starting to show a slight dip in each side - where the most weight is, presumably. At this rate, I estimate we'll get another couple of years out of it (ie, five years in total), which isn't bad for such a low cost mattress.
33 comments| 57 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 8 August 2011
After suffering for a while with disappointing mattresses - I could feel the springs hexagons on my back and every move was a noisy move - I decided to invest (just a bit) in this mattress.
I consider it a very good investment so far! It definitely restored my sleep & comfort at a great value for money.
Would buy it again!
on 13 June 2012
Soon after I ordered the mattress on Amazon, the seller called me to arrange a delivery date. The mattress duly arrived on the appointed day, well wrapped in polythene and in perfect condition. It is quite thick and heavy and so far I've found it to be very comfortable. Overall I think it is good value and far better than my old mattress which cost considerably more.
on 10 August 2014
This mattress is quite firm but very comfortable. It also is very heavy to lift up stairs and help is needed for this . but well worth the effort A+++
on 10 June 2011
I recently purchased the Luxury pocket mattress, the mattress arrived a day later than specified by amazon, and I was not informed of this, I contacted JJ suppliers who were not very helpful, and said that my two mattresses had been dispatched from the depot in west yorkshire, and there was a problem with them so they were returned, and another two were being dispatched but could not give a reason, when they finally arrived the dust covers which were double polythene wrapping were really dusty and dirty, when I unwrapped them I found that there were some dust marks on the two mattresses which needed to be cleaned off, also the mattresses were not covered in the fabric which was being shown on the amazon website, they were covered in a plain white fabric, and they were labelled as a 800 pocket sprung, there was no reference to luxury as what I thought I was buying. apart from that I cleaned the dust off the sides, and covered them with a mattress protector, and found that overall they are a very thick mattress, and quite comfy, and for the price I dont believe that you could find a better product that you could at least get five years from, there is no specified life on them, so if you want a no frills mattress its really fair, and not bad for the money.Luxury Pocket Sprung 4.6ft Double Mattress
on 10 December 2014
I ordered this mattress for comfort and it had a good Price , it was supposed to be medium support ,but was very firm and there was a big lump in the middle,, I turned the mattress every day,has instructed by the company, so they agreed,with me after sending photos ,I did want my money back ,but they talked me into having a replacement ,the replacement was not nice ,so I refused delivery they collected the mattress, and they withheld my refund, they deducted £30 for their collection of the matress ,all I want is my full refund and under the 1979 sale of goods act,i should have had a full refund,
on 3 May 2016
I would like to firstly say thank you to the delivery guys who not only delivered on time but also did all they could to be helpful in lifting the matress in to the house. :-)

In regards to the matress you can see from the pics that it is a matress of high quality, having had a memory foam/foam matress for the last few years i have found my back getting worse. However it was only recently i realised that the bed was sagging badly (misses nagging that the bed is knackered) and a lightbulb went on.

So I purchased this matress after reading reviews and I must say its perfect no more sagging and a firm place to get some uninterrupted sleep at last!!!
review image review image
on 11 March 2016
OK I had this mattress for just about a year. to be fair it was firm and comfortable for first 6 months but after about 6 months various springs fstarted to hurt as it had very poor padding. I would consider this as serious safety issue hence stay away..

For the price I won't recommend as for lesser price you can get a decent double bed mattress from Ikea that lasts for years. (with 25 years warranty)
on 3 December 2015
Excellent, firm mattress. I have musculoskeletal problems and this mattress has really made a difference with keeping my spine and neck aligned and I am now able to get a good night's sleep. Would definitely recommend and an absolute bargain!
on 25 March 2013
Very happy with this purchase, dubious about buying mattress over the internet. Not too firm but not soft either, great support for good nights sleep, hopefully for years to come! great customer service.