on 15 June 2017
This is mind blowing very down to earth simple basic very powerful please buy and enjoy the benefits its wisdom brings
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 20 July 2015
This books is about how we embrace life, is about living the moment and how this is important and how this changes our life.
It covers the most important aspects in a very simple way, after you read this your ready to start meditation.
This book is ideal for any person, but specially with curiosity about mindfulness
on 26 March 2015
I rarely review books but I have to say I love this book. It is easy to read , makes sense to me and is a beautiful book. I've been going mindfulness sessions online delivered by the author- it's been a great benefit to me.
on 27 July 2017
Good teacher and well written
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 18 September 2013
This is a great introduction to mindfulness. It's well divided into 5 main chapters and within each one are thought-provoking quotes and relevant little stories and questions as well as the main material. It's the sort of book that you can read ten times and get something different out of it each time. OK, I'm only on my third read as I continue on my journey to find happiness within but already it's a different book to last time!

It's a really easy read and it comes across that Suryacitta, The Happy Buddha is a normal person who has discovered how to be happy and has written the book to share his knowledge rather than it being written by someone who seems to be on another planet and not in touch with real life (like some authors seem to be!).

Highly recommended!
on 5 February 2014
As someone who has just recently started out on the path of Buddhist-style meditation, I've found this book wonderful. A kind friend gave it to me and I read it in instalments, one chunk after each daily meditation. I got to the end and started it again almost immediately - it's so rich and nourishing. It really tackles the subtleties of how to approach meditation, and how to approach life - life in all its ups and downs. How to find inner peace and grow naturally and stop beating yourself up. The artwork and binding of the book are gorgeous and I found the content both accessible and thought-provoking. I think I can safely say that it's going to be my personal bible for a long time to come.
on 4 September 2013
Looking at the glowing reviews,and being a practitioner of mindfulness meditation, I was interested in seeing if there was anything new here. The writing is impeccable and I was certainly not disappointed by the content.

There is much written about this subject, and it is difficult to decide where to find real help. All I can say is I found this to be a lovely book, and just reading it made me feel good. If the practices within are adhered to, the reader will certainly benefit enormously.

Author of Inner Path to Happiness How to be Happy - a Guide to Overcoming Depression and Embracing Inner Happiness (Warrior Series)
on 17 September 2013
After reading "Happiness and How it Happens" which I picked up in a library, not only did I buy myself a copy, but purchased another 4 copies as gifts for friends, one of whom refers to it almost every time I see him. The book is really pleasing to look at and handle but its real beauty is in the deceptively simple content - a book for both beginners and experienced mindfulness practitioners. Highly recommended.
on 6 May 2015
This book is a beautiful book which I have not only purchased as a gift to myself but for a couple of friends as well. At a time when I was trying to find balance in my life I came across the happy Buddha's website and was fortunate enough to find that Suryacitta only lived a few miles away from me. I bought this book when I attended one of his morning meditation sessions and after that session bought the book. I found the book easy to read and had some very helpful insights into mindfulness and how to lead a happier life, not from things and constantly chasing things but from being aware of my thoughts mostly about myself. I use this book in my practice to refer back to at times when I feel my mind starts to wander again, along with attending regular practice evenings and meditation days with Suryacitta. I cannot recommend this book highly enough for those who are just starting out with their mindfulness practice but also for anyone who practices regularly, I am now hoping that Suryacitta will bring out another book which I am sure if so will be equally as exceptional as this book.
on 31 December 2011
I've been meditating on and off for just over a year and am absolutely convinced of it's benefits to everyone BUT the subject of meditation and the whole 'Zen' thing can seem very abstract and airy-fairy to the casual onlooker so many of the people who it would help the most are likely to dismiss it as nonsense (even though WE already know that it's not nonsense).

However, this fantastic book presents meditation in a wonderfully straight forward way that conveys the huge potential benefits it could have, but makes the whole thing seem logical, sensible and easy to get your head round so that the people who previously would have dismissed it may well give it a go.

I cannot recommend this book highly enough!