on 28 October 2014
I enjoyed the first season of Hannibal and hoped that the second season would exceed expectations too. So far it has (haven’t finished it yet) and, from my point of view, it remains one of the best psychological thrillers around.
I won’t comment about the plot in order not to release spoilers, but be assured that if you have followed season 1, you will certainly appreciate part II. Well written, well performed, with its dark atmosphere that haunts you till the end of each episode… Hugh Dancy, Mads Mikkelsen and Laurence Fishburne at their very best.
Might not be everyone’s cup of tea (or glass of red wine!), but it’s a good quality product that distinguish itself from all the standard stuff that’s out there.
on 17 March 2015
Let me start off by saying: this series is EXCELLENT, and this review only pertains to the Blu-Ray, which I've purchased. If you haven't seen Hannibal yet, or even just Season 2, hurry up and watch it - this is the best show on TV, and this season is even better than the first!

The UK version of Season 2, unlike Season 1, contains all the bonus features available on the US release. However, the release still doesn't contain the unedited, producer's cut episodes available in the US. Thus I've docked the release one star.

However, seeing as the edits are not as substantial as the first season's, and because of an otherwise great package, I have no qualms giving this release my recommendation.
on 20 October 2014
The second series Hannibal, it has to be said, is much more gory than the first. However it's just as good as the first series, if not better. The Blu-ray itself hasloads of extras unlike the first series. These include commentaries on many of the episodes as well as interviews and some of the main cast via a funny series called post-mortem, plus the usual gag reel and deleted scenes.all in all loads better than the first season and the Blu-ray for that. Highly recommended
on 18 October 2014
Love everything about this show. Sets, plots, characters and awesome special effects all come together to create compelling viewing.

My only regret is having raced through back- to- back my pre-ordered season 2 dvd, as soon as it arrived, I now have to wait for them to make season 3, which I shall pre-order as soon as Amazon provide that facility.
on 5 June 2015
Seriously: AN EXCELLENT PROGRAMME! I LOVED the first season and was scared that I would feel short changed as the show evolved.... I was SO, SO WRONG! It is a show that deserves the revenue of DVD sales; regardless of whether you have watched the films/read the books, this show will keep you entertained and guessing! Well worth getting into!
on 29 August 2015
Weird knowing the eventual endpoint but still being thrilled and intrigued by the story. What an end of season. Gillian Anderson is artful and delightful, so poised, so very vulnerable.
Downside is the effects that sometimes feel overdone and self-indulgent, but might indicate hidden truths, puzzling.
on 24 October 2014
I love the way Bryan Fuller is incorporating all the different elements of the four original movies: Silence of the lambs, hannibal, red dragon and hannibal rising, and presenting them all in a different and fascinating way. Mads mikleson as hannibal is perfect. Also I think laurence fishburne plays jack crawford really well. I wonder whether we will eventually see clarice starling, surely we will, also
maybe francis dolarhyde is lurking somewhere on the horizon. The visuals are incredible.
on 16 April 2015
I Heard about the 'Hannibal' series from a friend, After watching Series1 back to back discs over a Weekend which was Fantastic ... Couldn't wait to start watching Series2 and am just waiting for the last disc with Anticipation!!! This is Absolutely Delicious, Compelling Viewing ... PLEASE WATCH
on 22 July 2015
Hank le must be the very peak of the best of American TV. Original and breathtakingly beautiful to watch it deftly picks out characters and events throughout the various books and films with jaw dropping new story threads. This season continues the psychological game of cat and mouse from season one, but introduces some brilliant guest stars including Eddie Izzard and the wonderful Amanda Plummer, both playing two different kinds of crazy....
on 9 January 2015
Got hooked on season 1 not too long ago. Bought season 2 as I was hankering for more Hannibal!

There's a fair bit of graphic gore. But what do you expect from a cannibal?

Season 3 can't come soon enough!