I'm Not Hanging Noodles on Your Ears and Other Intriguing Idioms From Around the Paperback – 16 Jun 2009
|New from||Used from|
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
An "amusing look at cultural similarities" Will Safire, New York Times
"A delightful celebration of the wit, insight, and poetic genius to be found in everyday language" Steven Pinker, Harvard University Professor and author of The Stuff of Thought"
An "amusing look at cultural similarities"--Will Safire, New York Times
"A delightful celebration of the wit, insight, and poetic genius to be found in everyday language" --Steven Pinker, Harvard University Professor and author of The Stuff of Thought
An insightful book on the ingenuity of language, intriguingly illustrated. Intrigued? I hope so
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Most helpful customer reviews on Amazon.com
I greatly enjoyed reading this book. My only quibble is that I sometimes found myself wishing for more in-depth explanations at several points in the book.
If non-English speakers find our English idioms as strange as I/we find theirs, no wonder English is so difficult to master. Highly recommended!
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Humour
- Books > Reference > Dictionaries & Thesauri > Slang & Idioms
- Books > Reference > Encyclopaedias
- Books > Reference > Language
- Books > Science & Nature > Earth Sciences & Geography > Geography > Reference
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Social Sciences > Linguistics > Reference
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Social Sciences > Linguistics > Sociolinguistics