on 16 September 2007
This sweet book delighted me at first glance in December 2005, so I put it on my "Santa list." The next day I went back to the shop and bought it for myself -- Santa's usually good to me but why take chances? I'm cautious about books featuring a specific brand of yarn but Rowan's so luscious and children's knits use smaller amounts, so it seemed worth using the real thing.

I chose the Wildflower Sweater for my 2006 Knitting Olympics entry and enjoyed every second of the project. Nine months later I had the pleasure of seeing my granddaughter dig deep to find her pretty "flower jersey" and pull it on over her pajamas on a cool Australian autumn morning. Priceless!

I'd happily knit anything in this book -- the plump, abstract little animals, the gorgeous blankets, the hats and bags, dresses and pullovers. My only reservation is the crocheted picot edgings, which are perfect finishing touches but challenging for me since the crochet hook is not my friend. It's a skill worth cultivating, however, and this book is great motivation. I found all the instructions clear and fault-free.

Lucinda Guy's inspired designs are a pleasure for the knitter and a treat for the lucky little recipient.
on 19 October 2007
I hadn't knitted for years but was inspired when I saw this book. So far I have knitted the tank top and dressing gown. They are gorgeous and have had lots of compliments.

I would knit the whole book if I only I could knit a bit quicker.
on 5 January 2011
I bought this book for my mum who is an experienced knitter but a little bored of the standard patterns you find in wool shops. This book has some of the cutest style clothes and hats/scarves to match. Already, 2 of the patterns have been knitted and look very gorgeous and very unique! I'm a little bit arty and loved the presentation of the book - very child friendly and easy for them to imagine what the clothes might look like on them.
on 28 June 2010
Delightful photos of the knitted creations. Some fairly easy patterns which a beginning knitter may be able to do and some that a more experienced knitter would be fine with. Very individual clothing ideas which would make lovely gifts or creations for your own little people.
on 1 June 2013
This has some wonderful patterns in it. I especially loved the dinosaur jumper which I knitted and my grandson loved. Easy to follow patterns. I would recommend this book.
on 18 July 2015
Cute book of children's knits. Looked everywhere for it before buying from amazon.