iRig Mic Handheld Microphone for Audio and Vocal Recordings Compatible with iPhone, iPod Touch and iPad - Black / Silver
|Price:||£34.99 & FREE Delivery in the UK. Details|
|You Save:||£20.01 (36%)|
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
- Enter your model number above to make sure this fits.
- Ideal for all vocal applications from singing to speech
- Great for all types of sound recording or processing in music or any other audio application
- Quality condenser-electret unidirectional capsule
- Dual mini-jack connector allows real-time monitoring on headphones, speakers, mixers, Pas
- Rugged, durable metal housingEasy to set-up for any sound source
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
iRig Mic is the first handheld, quality condenser microphone for iPhone, iPod touch and iPad designed for all of your mobile sound needs. Now you can make professional audio and vocal recordings anywhere on your iOS device. The iRig Mic features a highly unidirectional condenser-electret microphone capsule that provides quality recording in both close mic and long distance mic conditions, and provides real time monitoring with its dual mini-jack connector design. A three-level gain switch makes it instantly adjustable for any sound pressure condition — from soft speaking to loud playing. Its familiar form is perfect for handheld performance, plus it allows you to mount it on any mic stand leaving your device free for operating your favourite app. Its rugged metal body is road-ready for the mobile musician. iRig Mic also comes* with VocaLive free, IK’s new real time effects processor suite for the singer and vocalist, and AmpliTube free for guitar players and songwriters. iRig Mic also works with a multitude of other vocal and audio processing apps for the iOS platform. *downloaded through iTunes
What do customers buy after viewing this item?
Top Customer Reviews
Running this with my macbook and using Native Instruments GuitarRig is such a great practice/recording setup, the Amplitube app is good if your on the go or in a hotel room but the quality from GuitarRig is superior and with the added bonus of using Logic Pro's built in effects (especially their space designer reverb) your in guitar heaven
The mic, however, takes on a new lease of life when used with IK Multimedia's own apps, Vocalive and iRig Recorder, free versions of which are available on Apple's app store for the iPad. The mic has definitely been optimised for these dedicated apps, so the quality of sound and increased gain are very apparent compared to within Garageband. My intention now is to record all my instrumental tracks in Garageband, then import the recording into Vocalive, where I can add my vocals using all the available effects built into the app. Unfortunately, this requires Vocalive to be upgraded from the free app, which costs a whopping £25.00 if it's to include the 8 track recorder. A lot of money, but at a total of £54.00 for Vocalive and the mic (I got it for £29.00 on Amazon), I think it's money well spent. All in all I'm absolutely delighted with my iRig Mic, and can highly recommend it.
Finally, a word on delivery. I ordered the iRig mic on Good Friday, so because it was the Easter weekend I thought it would take ages to arrive. Unexpectedly, I took delivery on the following Tuesday, so five stars for delivery.
1) The iRig does not work on any of the Android handsets I've tried. Despite this being advertised as doing so, I've tried it out on a Sony Xperia, Motorola Moto X gen2 and a LG Nexus 5X and none of these handsets work with it. Try it on an iPhone and it does work BUT.. (and this is the other major issue):
2) There are constant and many in-app purchases. And the app hounds you constantly to buy them in the form of virtual pedals (for those of you buying this as a present, pedals are what affect the guitar signals to create different effects - a major reason you would buy something like this for someone). And they're not even cheap. You do get a very limited selection to use for free, but it's pointless getting something like this with only three effects. The pedals range between £3 each and £50 for a pack, and they are only usable on other iRig equipment, meaning they're completely useless in other scenarios.
3) The instructions are just in pictures, like ikea. And the frustrations with ikea are shared with this product. There any several versions of the app (only one version is free) and there's not much of a clue which one you're supposed to use, or what the differences of them are. I think they just hope that you're stupid enough to buy one without doing some research on the app store.
I have returned mine and will not be buying anything from IK any time soon as they clearly cannot be trusted. the iRig is a gimmick with the clear aim of extorting more money from you for it to be at all useful.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Firstly I downloaded the app. I plugged it in and nothing happened. Then I thought perhaps I need to register the device first. It asks me for a serial number. Read morePublished 3 hours ago by Amazon Customer
Works very well for small recording projects. The quality isn't professional standard however for the price you pay it is very good.Published 23 days ago by C. Stephen
Good value, sensitivity can be a problem but with a little setting up, all good.Published 1 month ago by Mike Middleton
Works great. Use mine connected to the ipad air (controlling loopyHD mainly) buttons are plasticy tho andthe whole thing feels cheap especially for its price. Read morePublished 1 month ago by Analog Nomad
COR!! I love this thing! Load your favourite songs on your iPhone and slow them down until you can play them at full speed ✌️ Buy extra fx pedals for your rig and build your own... Read morePublished 1 month ago by Robert Wright
Shame there is no level metering, I had to buy an app to do that. Other than that, it works really well.Published 1 month ago by Jon
Great product which works well, but the app allows you to do most of the functions without this item.Published 1 month ago by fozzie
good product although a bit hissy. hate the software, all it wants to do is get you to buy more stuff.Published 1 month ago by Amazon Customer