From Handel to Hendrix: The Composer in the Public Sphere Hardcover – 17 Nov 1999
|New from||Used from|
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Enter your mobile number below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Praise for Michael Chanan's previous books: "[Repeated Takes] is elegant and impressively well-informed ... [Chanan] has a strong grasp of the way different musical cultures - different 'musics' - from Machaut to Maderna, Tin Pan Alley to dub reggae, have adapted themselves to the revolution they have been caught up in, and been changed by it." - London Review of Books "Bristling with details... [Repeated Takes] attempts to reconcile the various strands of its subject - the recording industry and the genres it has fostered or transformed - and to make sense of them." - New Statesman & Society "One of the real strengths of [Musica Practica] is its refusal to limit itself merely to the consideration of classical music ... a weighty tome, but well worth the effort." - BBC Music
About the Author
Michael Chanan is a filmmaker, writer and teacher. He has written widely on both film and music, and his books include The Dream That Kicks, The Cuban Image, Musica Practica and Repeated Takes.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Music, Stage & Screen > Music > Composers & Musicians > Classical Music
- Books > Music, Stage & Screen > Music > Musical Theory & Composition > Musical Theory
- Books > Music, Stage & Screen > Music > Scores, Songbooks & Lyrics > Rock & Pop
- Books > Music, Stage & Screen > Music > Styles > Classical Music
- Books > Music, Stage & Screen > Music > Styles > Rock & Pop > Styles