- Save 10% on Books for Schools offered by Amazon.co.uk when you purchase 10 or more of the same book. Here's how (terms and conditions apply) Enter code SCHOOLS2016 at checkout. Here's how (terms and conditions apply)
Handbook of Veterinary Communication Skills Paperback – 26 Feb 2010
|New from||Used from|
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Special Offers and Product Promotions
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
"Packed with useful information about the way that communication has evolved and how to handle different situations, this recently published handbook should be a graduation present to all new vets entering the difficult world of practice." ( Vets Today, November 2010)
"Handbook of Veterinary Communication Skills covers all key areas of communication and surveys everything from ethics and legal spects to handling clients, colleagues, and difficult treatment options alike. Real–life case studies accompany step–by–step guidelines showing how to handle specific situations, and examples of written resources that can be used in practice. Any library catering to veterinary students must have this!" (Midwest Book Review, September 2010)
From the Back Cover
"The authors have done a superb job of describing communication skills and the major issues in the profession...using a skills–based approach."
― Cindy L. Adams, Veterinary Medicine, University of Calgary, Canada
This is the first definitive textbook on veterinary communication, written specifically for students and veterinary professionals by a group of international experts. Communication is a core clinical skill, and is now taught as a compulsory part of most veterinary degree courses. Good communication is crucial to the veterinarian–client–patient relationship, to patient health and ultimately to the success of any veterinary business.
The book covers all the key areas of communication including: the basic framework for the veterinary consultation; professional, ethical and legal aspects; communication with clients and colleagues; and coping with end–of–life and other difficult situations. It combines the most up–to–date research with a wealth of practical information, such as:
- Real–life case studies to help you apply your learning to real scenarios
- Simple step–by–step guidelines showing you how to deal with specific situations
- Examples of written resources you can use in practice
This valuable textbook has been written and edited by a carefully chosen group of specialists, comprising veterinary communication lecturers, veterinary practitioners, training managers and counsellors.See all Product Description