Handbook of Unmanned Aerial Vehicles Hardcover – 30 Aug 2014
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
From the Back Cover
Comprehensive, exhaustive and up-to-date. The main goal of this reference work is to be a comprehensive resource for the academic and research communities, industry, and governmental organizations that use Unmanned Aerial Vehicles (UAVs) in a wide spectrum of applications. The Handbook covers all aspects of UAVs, from design to users. The Handbook is arranged in a user-friendly format divided into easily accessible subject-specific parts. Each part contains thematic chapters written by internationally renowned authors who are authorities in their respective fields. It contains material that addresses the needs and know how of all of the above sectors targeting a very diverse audience. The handbook is an exhaustive reference to the literature for a wide spectrum of people and will be covering aspects such as science, engineering, development, design and modeling, applications, military and civilian use, who 's who, who 's doing what, manufacturers, etc. The handbook will be suitable for not only those who need just information about UAVs but also to the scientists, engineers and practitioners who work in the area of UAVs. The handbook also targets academics and graduate students who conduct research in the area and industry, manufacturers and users in the UAV area. Federal/Government Agencies (FAA, DHS, ESA, EASA), Law Enforcement Agencies and the military, including the Coast Guard.Content Level Research Keywords control - dynamics - fixed wing - hybrid design - kinematics Related subjects Electronics & Electrical Engineering - Mathematics - Space Exploration and Astronautics
About the Author
Editors-in-Chief: Dr. Kimon P. Valavanis, Professor and Chair, ECE and CS University of Denver, USA. Dr. Valavanis' research interests are focused in the areas of Unmanned Systems, Distributed Intelligence Systems, Robotics and Automation. He has published over 300 book chapters, technical journal / transaction and conference papers. Dr. Valavanis has authored/co-authored many books and papers, and served as the Editor-in-Chief of the IEEE Robotics and Automation Magazine for ten years (1996-2005), and he currently serves as the Editor-in-Chief of the Journal of Intelligent and Robotic Systems. He is the General Chair of the 2011 IEEE Multi-Conference on Systems and Control and has been Vice President – Administration of the IEEE Mediterranean Control Association (MCA) since 1998. He was a Distinguished Speaker in the IEEE Robotics and Automation Society (- 2003), he is a senior member of IEEE and a Fellow of the American Association for the Advancement of Science. Dr. George J. Vachtsevanos, Professor Emeritus School of Electrical and Computer Engineering, Georgia Institute of Technology, USA. Dr. Vachtsevanos’ research interests are focused in the areas of Hierarchical/Intelligent control of large-scale industrial processes, Fault-tolerant and mode transitioning control of unmanned aerial vehicles, Vision and IR based inspection technologies for textile, glass and other industrial products, Analysis of EEG signals for detection and prediction of epileptic seizures, Sensor fusion techniques for classification and control. He has published over 250 technical papers and is the recipient of the 2002-2003 Georgia Tech School of ECE Distinguished Professor Award and the 2003-2004 Georgia Institute of Technology Outstanding Interdisciplinary Activities Award. He is the lead author of the book, Intelligent Fault Diagnosis and Prognosis for Engineering Systems, published by Wiley in 2006.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Computing & Internet > Computer Science > Artificial Intelligence
- Books > Computing & Internet > Computer Science > Information Systems
- Books > Reference > Transport > Aviation
- Books > Science & Nature > Engineering & Technology > Aeronautics & Aerospace > Aerospace & Aviation Technology
- Books > Science & Nature > Engineering & Technology > Aeronautics & Aerospace > Astronautics
- Books > Science & Nature > Engineering & Technology > Electrical > Electrical Engineering
- Books > Science & Nature > Engineering & Technology > Electronics & Communications Engineering > Electronics Engineering > Automatic Control
- Books > Science & Nature > Engineering & Technology > Electronics & Communications Engineering > Robotics
- Books > Science & Nature > Engineering & Technology > Military & Naval > Military Aircraft
- Books > Science & Nature > Mathematics > Applied Mathematics
- Books > Science & Nature > Mathematics > Modelling
- Books > Science & Nature > Physics > Electromagnetism
- Books > Scientific, Technical & Medical > Engineering > Electronics & Telecommunications Engineering