Handbook of Large Turbo-generator Operation and Maintenance (IEEE Press Series on Power Engineering) Hardcover – 26 Sep 2008
|New from||Used from|
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Customers who bought this item also bought
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
" a tremendous wealth of information, more than any this reviewer has seen in any other single text on the subject." ( EASA Currents, April 2005)
" a collection of practical information dealing with the operation, inspection, and maintenance and troubleshooting of large turbine generating units." (E–STREAMS, April 2005)--This text refers to an out of print or unavailable edition of this title.
From the Back Cover
The comprehensive guide for the operation and maintenance of large turbo–generators
The Handbook of Large Turbo–Generator Operation and Maintenance is an expanded Second Edition of the authors′ first book, Operation and Maintenance of Large Turbo–Generators. This updated book covers additional topics on generators and provides more depth on existing topics. It is the ultimate resource for operators and inspectors of large utility and industrial generating facilities who deal with multiple units of disparate size, origin, and vintage. The book is also an excellent learning tool for students and consulting and design engineers. It offers the complete scope of information regarding operation and maintenance of all types of turbine–driven generators found in the world.
Based on the authors′ over sixty years of combined experience in generating station and design work, the information presented in the book is designed to inform readers about actual machine operational problems and failure modes that occur in generating stations and other types of facilities. Readers will find very detailed coverage of:
Design and construction of generators and auxiliary systems
Generator operation and control, including interaction with the grid
Monitoring, diagnostics, and protection of turbo–generators
Inspection practices for the stator, rotor, and auxiliary systems
Maintenance testing, including electrical and non–destructive examination
Ideas on maintenance strategies and life cycle management
Additional topics regarding uprating generators and long–term storage are also introduced
The Handbook of Large Turbo–Generator Operation and Maintenance, Second Edition comes packed with photos and graphs, commonly used inspection forms, and extensive references for each topic. It is an indispensable reference for anyone involved in the design, construction, operation, protection, maintenance, and troubleshooting of large generators in generating stations and industrial power facilities.See all Product description
Top customer reviews
Most helpful customer reviews on Amazon.com
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Science & Nature > Engineering & Technology > Civil Engineering > Mechanics
- Books > Science & Nature > Engineering & Technology > Electrical > Electrical Engineering
- Books > Science & Nature > Engineering & Technology > Electronics & Communications Engineering
- Books > Science & Nature > Engineering & Technology > Mechanical & Materials Engineering
- Books > Science & Nature > Engineering & Technology > Production, Manufacturing & Operational > Computer Aided Manufacture
- Books > Science & Nature > Physics > Electromagnetism
- Books > Scientific, Technical & Medical > Engineering > Electrical Engineering
- Books > Scientific, Technical & Medical > Engineering > Electronics & Telecommunications Engineering