Handbook on Scheduling: From Theory to Applications (International Handbooks on Information Systems) Hardcover – 12 Jun 2007
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
From the reviews:
"What distinguishes the present book by Blazewicz et al. from a number of other new and interesting books on scheduling is its emphasis on the relevance of academic research to practical applications, which is precisely manifested in its title. … Overall, the reviewed book … is a very significant contribution to literature on scheduling and a must for anyone who is involved in the field as a student, researcher or practitioner. I heartily recommend it for study." (Eugene Levner, Journal of Scheduling, Vol. 12, 2009)
From the Back Cover
This handbook covers not only in a unified approach the most important scheduling models and methods, it also put special emphasis to their relevance to practical situations. Many applications from industry and service operations management and case studies are described. Because the book offers some preliminaries concerning basic notions from discrete mathematics, it can also be used by beginners. As a consequence, the handbook is an indispensable source for a broad audience, ranging from researchers to practitioners, graduate and advanced undergraduate students in computer science/engineering, operations research, industrial and real-time engineering, management science, business administration, information systems, and applied mathematics curricula.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Business, Finance & Law > E-Commerce > E-business
- Books > Business, Finance & Law > E-Commerce > Managers' Guides to Computing
- Books > Business, Finance & Law > Management > Balanced Scorecard
- Books > Business, Finance & Law > Management > Information Management
- Books > Business, Finance & Law > Management > Management Science
- Books > Business, Finance & Law > Management > Production & Quality Control
- Books > Business, Finance & Law > Small Business & Entrepreneurship > Business Plans
- Books > Computing & Internet > Computer Science
- Books > Computing & Internet > Digital Lifestyle
- Books > Science & Nature > Engineering & Technology > Education > Higher Education
- Books > Science & Nature > Engineering & Technology > Production, Manufacturing & Operational > Productivity
- Books > Science & Nature > Mathematics > Education > Higher Education