- Save 10% on Books for Schools offered by Amazon.co.uk when you purchase 10 or more of the same book. Here's how (terms and conditions apply) Enter code SCHOOLS2016 at checkout. Here's how (terms and conditions apply)
Handbook of MRI Pulse Sequences Hardcover – 21 Sep 2004
|New from||Used from|
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Special Offers and Product Promotions
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
"...I believe it will become the 'gold standard' text for people involved in MR research or applications because of its clear and concise descriptions of most aspects of MRI."
--Michael Jacobs, Johns Hopkins School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland in the JOURNAL OF MAGNETIC RESONANCE IMAGING (2006)
"...an outstanding reference source that covers all the important aspects of pulse sequence design and implementation...it fills an important gap not addressed by the other texts on MRI physics. It should be on the shelf or next to the pulse programming computer of anyone who designs sequences or is a serious user of MRI/S methods of any type. The book will stand the test of time, even in a field as rapidly evolving as MRI, and will become a definitive classic."
- G.H. Glover, Stanford University School of Medicine (2005)
"...a tour de force; the authors have written an exemplary pedagogical treatise on MRI pulse sequences targeted to scientists and engineers interested in understanding and constructing pulse sequences. While the book states as a prerequisite a basic understanding of MR physics, even someone with only a rudimentary understanding of MR can follow most of the discussion, which I attribute to the masterful execution by the authors. The writing is consistently good across all chapters...Anyone conducting research that makes use of the current state of MRI techniques should have this book on the shelf. It could serve as a reference for an advances course or a laboratory course on MRI pulses."
- Medical Physics (May 2005)
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
Thanks for such amazing book
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
One slight problem with the book is that it is oriented towards just MRI physics, and thus if one wants to sit down at an actual scanner and try to program or implement the sequence, one might not have enough specific details about hardware-related issues (such as gradient duty cycles, RF power calibration, SAR, memory allocation, etc) to actually implement a sequence. Thus, the book is best supplemented with a review of current literature, as well as manufacturer documentation or examples of previously written pulse sequences.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Medical & Healthcare Practitioners > Ancillary Services > Biomedical Engineering
- Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Medical & Healthcare Practitioners > Other Branches of Medicine > Medical Imaging
- Books > Science & Nature > Engineering & Technology > Bioengineering
- Books > Science & Nature > Mathematics
- Books > Science & Nature > Medicine > Medical Sciences A-Z > Radiology & Medical Imaging
- Books > Science & Nature > Popular Science > Maths
- Books > Scientific, Technical & Medical > Engineering
- Books > Scientific, Technical & Medical > Mathematics
- Books > Scientific, Technical & Medical > Medicine & Nursing > Medical Sciences A-Z > Radiology & Medical Imaging