Format: Hardcover|Change

on 27 March 2013
I own and love all of Sarah Fielke's other books and was really excited when I saw the pre-order for this book... but what a disappointment (so much so, that I returned it). The book is visually lovely - gorgeous photographs and really nicely presented etc, but the patterns didn't make me want to rush to my sewing machine and start sewing immediately. There wasn't one pattern in the book that made me think 'I want to make that quilt RIGHT NOW!'. And the thing that made me laugh most of all is that the book is entitled 'hand quilted with love', yet most of the quilts shown in this book are machine quilted!!
All in all, I would recommend buying one of her other books rather than this one.
on 9 September 2013
I bought this book as I really wanted to have a go at needle turn appliqué and know Sarah Fielke to be a wonder at it.
This book really doesn't disappoint! from the gorgeous quilts, which are wonderfully photographed, to the brilliant instructions! I can't wait to get making one.
on 23 April 2013
The book includes 16 new quilt designs and the author shares her knowledge and tips in a way which really encourages you to have the confidence to try something new. The book is beautifully photographed and the quilts are truly stunning. I'm a little in awe of them but as well as instructions for each quilt, the book is packed with information and techniques which will help you choose your fabrics and equipment, as well as learn the techniques which will help you see each project through to quilting and binding. I agree that the title is a little misleading but the patterns don't disappoint.
on 24 March 2016
Bought as a gift for a family member, I follow the author on instagram and I know she makes beautiful quilts. The book layout is lovely and doesnt look complicated I think I will get a copy for myself.
on 12 April 2013
I received this book last week and it didn't disappoint. Very inspiring, beautiful modern, colourful quilts. Unlike one of the other reviewers, I can't wait to get started making some of these quilts, they are gorgeous!
TOP 50 REVIEWERon 1 July 2013
If you love quilts as much as Sarah Fielke, you'll love this colourful quilting book. The projects are all the quilts she ever wanted to make. 16 new designs will find a home in your home. Contemporary, traditional, quirky, practical and homely, you're bound to find something you'll like. Book production is great, as we've come to expect of Cico - great photos, great layout and clear instructions. I love the teapot quilt. Great tips throughout and Sarah even shares the joy of handquilting and needle-turned applique and there is a very good how to quilt section showing techniques.
on 27 March 2013
This book is very inspiring. The quality of the pictures and the
instructions are excellent. A very exciting use of colour.
on 22 July 2013
This not a book for beginners but the projects are interesting and some of them innovative. The instructions are clear and the "tutorial" part of the book is clearly set out. I already have Material Obsessions 1 & 2 when Sarah Fielke was writing with Kathy Doughty. I dot think this book is good as those, hence the 4 stars but a good buy if you want to extend your library.
on 26 December 2013
I purchased this for my mother in law for Christmas. She absolutely loved it and spent most of the day attached to it!
on 20 September 2014
Just a lovely book to have. not made any thing from it yet
Just enjoy owning it