Customer reviews

on 24 February 2018
The sledge break cracked after just few runs in well maintained sledding track in Germany. We were lucky, that my son managed to stop using his feet, but then the sledge becomes useless.
Made of very thin and bad quality materials, having the break handle in the middle is not that useful as you cannot use all your power to pull it while keeping the wheel with the other hand. The break also is not that efficient as it has only two sharp pins underneat which do not help if there is deep snow.
While sledding down the hill it collects snow underneat between moving parts and then the wheel becomes exremely difficult to turn. We had to stop many, many times, trying to remove the snow underneat.
This sledge is basically made for icy condition, but who will ask children to slide on ice?!
I compared this model with many others used on the sledding track and found out that this is not well thought product (unfortunately too late to change my mind...). I will never buy Hamax sledge again and I do not recommend anyone to buy either. Have a look at atother brands (I recommend German brands, which I saw in reality are much better and reliable (and not more expensive as well).
Look at the pictures to see how bad the break is broken and this is purely manufacturing defect due to low quality materials used.
review imagereview imagereview image
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 18 April 2014
Really solid sledge, have two now. Would love a third, in another colour, then all three boys would be very happy
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse