Price:£29.95+ Free shipping

on 1 November 2010
Excellent tripod for the price. Light in weight, easy to use. Used with Canon 7d and 100-400 canon lens. Not bad quality for the price. Camera was fitted quite easily to the ball head and although lens and camera are a little heavy for a small tri-pod it was quite stable with a shutter release. You could not expect the tri-pod to work with a larger capacity lens but it was very light and easily carried. For the price it was good quality and would recomend this to a friend.
on 23 November 2011
Although i have not used this tripod excessively yet, and i am a complete amateur i have found it to be a generally well built and effective piece of kit.

Delivery: The package came very quickly and was well packaged. No problems, nuf said.

Construction: The tripod is made of relatively good quality metals, and has a good weight to it. It comes with a cheap and cheerful plasticy canvas slip for carrying which whilst is not fantastic is fully usable. I had intended to get a strap for carrying it around but this works fine too. The 360' head is of sturdy construction and Holds my Nikon D5100 at jaunty angles, however i do have to make sure its fully locked as most way tightened has led to some fail photos. One feature that i am not keep on is at the top of each leg there is a twistable cap, twisted in it holds the leg in, twisted out it allows the leg free. It works fine but when seen up close is a little flimsy and strange.
Clever screws in the rubber feet extend small pints to dig into the ground (if necessary) but go away for indoor environments. My only problem, is that one of the legs has come loose. When it arrived all three legs would hold in and once pulled come out to a fixed position, after less than a weeks use one of the legs now will not hold and flaps hither and thither. More annoying than a deal breaker.

Ease of Use: The 'Traveler Tripod' lives up to its name. Fully folded its roughly the length of my fore arm. Its light and would fit into a small backpack (if you decide not to use the bag). One feature and forgive me if this happens on most Tripods is that once screwed on to your Camera it has a quick release. At first i didn't really see the point but it has come good a few times now. The connection of the plate (on the camera) to the tripod head is always positive and when on there is very little movement.

Conclusion: A really good beginner/amateur tripod. Anyone who wants a studio/heavy duty tripod look elsewhere however, due to its lightweight constructions it does feel a little spindly but this is the price you pay for a tripod this small. It really is not a problem. I'm having a lot of fun with it and after all the negative comments i think this is a great introduction to the photography world.

Will.
on 25 January 2013
After realising I was balancing £1200 of camera and lens on a £12.99 eBay tripod whose centre column just fell out, I decided to treat myself to a Manfrotto 190XPRO. Whilst it is a great piece of kit - for a day out the weight and size isn't practical so I decided to get a travel one for occasional use. I prefer the quick release for a tripod but as it was just a 'grab and go' tripod and this one was the most compact I have found - and at a great price I decided to go for it. The legs are quite sturdy compared to above mentioned eBay purchase and the ball head really easy to use and holds my heaviest Sony G 70-300mm. I'm not sure I'd wander off and leave the camera on it on a windy day - but for table top use or on a day/night out when you want something to steady your camera it's ideal. You really do get what you pay for with a tripod but if you want something light and low priced you accept the compromises. It comes with a bag (Manfrotto take note)and is really quite versatile. Am really pleased with my purchase
on 29 July 2010
It is a good product, very small, fits to normal bagpack, very light and high quality. The only negatives are that legs extend to only some point, it would be nice to have them more flexible. Second point is that you really need some strengh to screw the camera to the tripod in order to stop it falling. I use it with my Canon 40D and some tele lenses which is about 2kg probably and after a while it starts to fall slowly.
Overall it was a good purchase and brill for traveling. It comes with a very nice Hama cover.
on 22 May 2012
Summary: A very compact lightweight tripod as advertised. Look hard at your camera and decide if it will work for you.

Good Points:

1) Lightweight
2) Fits in a small rucksack

These two things were my main criteria for buying it.

3) Leg bracket clamps - so much easier than screw clamps

Bad Points:

None that I have come across so far - for the product as advertised.

Other things:

Reading some of the reviews, I agree that a quick release would be useful (providing it didn't affect portability too much). But I wouldn't deduct points for that because it wasn't advertised to come with one. I have had no problem with the ball swivel slipping with the P7100 I use which is a very lightweight (< 500g) camera with a small extension at full zoom. I do not have a problem with the height of the tripod - I am still flexible enough to bend a bit for the viewfinder and anyway the camera has a swiveling LCD. I have had no problems with vibration, but have not used it in wind. I generally use a timer when it's on the tripod anyway.

All in all it is exactly what it purports to be: a small portable lightweight tripod. As such, it's maybe not very suitable for heavier cameras, but very good for mine. At the price, I can see no reason not to give it 5 stars.
on 5 June 2011
This is, as the model name suggests, a great little travel tripod. It is very lightweight and extremely compact. The case it comes with doesn't really add any inconvenience to walking.

On the downside, at full height it is still quite low, and at full extension feels like a strong wind would topple it. Not extending the very lower leg sections makes for a more sturdy feeling support.

The product description claims that this tripod is good for 10kg support. I wouldn't personally place more than a quarter of this, if it was at full extension.

On the whole a great travel pod for smaller DSLRs, CSCs, bridge cameras or compacts; but make sure you can grab it quickly if using it in the wind at full extension.
on 24 January 2013
I bought one of these for myself a while ago. While it's (by far) not the most stable tripod in the world, that's not what I bought it for. I have a very large, stable, heavy tripod that I hardly ever use due to it's size and weight. I just don't want to carry it around everywhere unless I'm going out to do a specific job where I know I'll need a very stable support. I bought the Traveller Mini Pro as I had lost count of the times where I'd needed a tripod and didn't have one with me. This tripod is small and light enough to carry on the side of my Lowepro camera bag ALL DAY and not cause me any problems. In fact, I forget it's there most of the time! While it's not too stable in strong wind, it does the job 95% of the time. My friend came on a shoot with me and saw it and asked me to order him one, and I've just got one for my colleague as a gift too. For the price, (although it does fluctuate a lot on Amazon, so buy at the right time) it's a great addition to your camera kit!
on 19 November 2011
A really excellent tripod. Small and light, easy fit in rucksack. The ballhead could be better quality and the locking mech could 'feel' better, but item is tough, light and great value for money.
on 25 June 2011
Of course this is not an expensive tripod, but performs much better than its price would suggest. Feels light, tight, smooth and stable. Might not look exclusive, but has decent design and performs really well. The bottom mount option could be priceless for shooting macro.
review image
1111 comments| 5 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 5 June 2013
I have several tripods but none I would class as a serious travelling tripod because of their weight. This is perfect for that reason! It is quite light and yet strong and well made. Ideal for keeping the baggage allowance down! It is capable of supporting my Canon 60D DSLR and medium zoom (28-75mm f2.8) lens, but care would have to be taken if extending the legs completely. It has an easily detachable head which helps, although I also bought the Neewer Camera Tripod Quick Release to enable quick camera detachment if I needed it. If you need a tall tripod that can handle bad weather then I don't think this will satisfy, but for a travel tripod, especially when travelling abroad, and considering the low price, I think it is ideal!