- Visit the Dog Clothing & Accessories Store for a huge selection of dog collars, leads, coats and jumpers from great brands at top prices.
- Visit the Dog Store for great offers on dog food and accessories from top brands.
- Visit the Pet Supplies Store for a huge selection of pet supplies from great brands at top prices.
- Visit the Dog Treats Store for a huge selection of dog treats from great brands at top prices.
- Visit the Deals in Pet Supplies Page for great discounts on a range of top-brand pet supplies products.
- Visit the Dog Carrier Reviews page featuring ratings from thousands of customers who have used our most popular dog carriers.
- Visit the Dog Shampoo Reviews page featuring ratings from thousands of customers who have used our most popular dog shampoos.
Halti Training Lead BLACK Large
- The HALTI Training Lead, designed by Dr. Roger Mugford, is a ﬁrm favourite with dog trainers worldwide due to its versatility and comfort in use
- Available in two different widths (Small: 18mm / Large: 30mm) and a choice of red or black, it is a multi-functional, double-ended lead that can be used in 8 different ways with a maximum length of 2 metres
- It is made from soft padded material, which makes it very comfortable to hold and perfect for all types of training
- With three different lead length options, the HALTI Training Lead can be used for general walking or obedience training
- When used in conjunction with a HALTI Headcollar or Harness, the double trigger clip design provides optimum steering and control for non-pull training
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Special Offers and Product Promotions
The HALTI Training lead is multi-functional, double-ended lead that can be used in 8 different ways. It is made from soft padded material, which makes it very comfortable to hold Perfect for all types of training. Recommended for use with the Halti Headcollar and Harness
From the Manufacturer
In addition to developing and producing our own products, we also import and distribute some of the world’s leading brands of pet products including Mr Muscle, Arm & Hammer, Pet Head, the Nina Ottosson range of interactive games, Sporn pet products and Homeopet.
COA’s portfolio is constantly evolving and developing and now boasts over 40 different product ranges. Popular products include the HALTI Headcollar, Baskerville Muzzle, Anxiety Wrap, Coachies Treats and the revolutionary hand-held Pet Corrector device which interrupts unwanted behaviour by a hiss of air. The CLIX range of training accessories is hugely popular amongst trainers and behaviourists and offers everything from whistles and canvas dummy's to long lines and treat bags.
The Company of Animals
Way back in 1979 Dr Roger Mugford, (now a world renowned animal psychologist) founded The Company of Animals as a vehicle to sell his inventions.
The Company is based on a 100 acre working farm in Surrey (England) and is just minutes away from the M25 and M3 with strategic connections to Heathrow and Gatwick airports.The site is also home to the Training and Behaviour Centre, which was also founded by Roger in 1979. The Training and Behaviour Centre is now regarded as one of the best in the country; specialising in all levels of dog training, offering behaviour consultations on veterinary referral as well as resolving legal issues about pets, in and out of court. This gives The Company Of Animals the unique advantage of being able to constantly research and develop new products to help resolve pet-related behaviour and training problems, as well as having a great base in which to test new designs and principles of animal training.
The primary drive for our company has always been to develop products that help owners and their pets find an enriched life and to improve animal welfare. The first and most famous product to be developed was the HALTI. Designed and developed by Roger, the HALTI was the first ever canine headcollar and has gone on to be the world favourite.
Today COA has suppliers, distributors and partners in over 60 different countries.
We believe that our products must improve the wellbeing of pets as well as helping their owners. For example, the HALTI Headcollar was designed to give owners effective control when walking their dogs without causing pain or damage to the dog's delicate throat area. The steering action of the HALTI is so effective that it led to the development of the HALTI Harness, which works on the same principle of front control, but from the chest.
What is a HALTI Harness?
The HALTI Harness was designed by Dr Roger Mugford to STOP a dog pulling by providing front control. It applies the same principle as the HALTI Headcollar but by steering the dog from his chest rather than by his head. The HALTI Harness puts owners in control of dogs that don’t like or cannot wear a HALTI Headcollar.
How does it work?
The patented front control system steers the dog from his chest and shoulders - and thus sets the direction in which he can move. Unlike other designs of anti-pull harnesses, the HALTI does not put painful pressure on the body and is always comfortable. Ideally used with a double-ended lead to give maximum control, the back ring above the shoulders acts as a brake while the front lead steers.
Although we recommend sizes by breed, these recommendations are representative of a typical adult dog. We would advise measuring your dogs chest measurement to help find the most appropriate size.
- Neoprene padding on the shoulder section ensures maximum comfort
- Massively adjustable, it is suitable for all sizes and breeds
- The HALTI Harness is brilliant for dogs with neck injuries
- It is easy to fit and highly adjustable
- Great for all dogs including puppies
- Maximum control when used with the HALTI Double-Ended Training Lead
|Size||Chest measurement - cm||Breed|
|Medium||57-95cm||Golden Retriever/Border Collie|
HALTI Training Lead
This multi-function HALTI Lead was designed by Dr Roger Mugford to provide optimum control, and to simplify training with headcollars or harnesses. This lead enables you to control, guide and tether a dog everyday situations.
With 8 uses it is a versatile training lead for all your training needs.
1. Short length for heel training or normal walking
2. Medium length for obedience training
3. Long length for recall or distance work
4. Hands-free dog training
5. Two dogs on one lead - making use of the double ended trigger hook
6. Easy, supervised tethering
7. Double steering for optimum HALTI control
8. Recommended for use with the HALTI Headcollar/Harness
Available in 2 sizes: Small (L:2m W:15mm) Large (L:2m W:25mm)
What do customers buy after viewing this item?
Top Customer Reviews
It's been in the sand, the sea, left outside and it's still in great condition. All stitching remains intact.
It also combines well with the gentle leader harness which we used in the dog's earlier years.
Comfy, adaptable lead with a variety of uses.
I bought this lead to go with the Halti Head collar for my very boistorous 8 month old Golden Retriever Finlay who is very strong and has very powerful shoulder muscles and pulls terribly on the lead. I am only 5ft 2" and he was becoming much too strong for me to control especially in the recent icy weather. I can honestly say that this is the best lead I have ever bought. It is very versatile and extremely effective when coupled with the Halti Head Collar. As suggested in the instructions I clipped one end of the lead to the head collar and the other end to his normal collar and within 10 minutes he was walking perfectly - there was no pulling or jumping up at all and no aching shoulders for me. I felt for the first time that I was fully in control of his movements and he was walking where I want him walk - at my side and not 10 paces in front of me. The lead itself is extremely comfortable to hold and doesnt dig into your hands at all. You can use the lead in 8 different ways including wrapping it round your waist for hands - free dog training. I wont be buying any other leads in the future this is definately a keeper. Dont hesitate Buy It!
For training puppies it is ideal and its even possible to clip two leads together to give a longer line to work on.
This lead is also excellent for if you need to clip onto a halti and a collar
I have the small red for my pup and have also used the large black on my beloved boy who passed in June.
Cannot fault them
I like training leads but obviously need to be able to trust the lead, especially with my blind boy
Most Recent Customer Reviews
This lead is fantastic, it's nice and soft so gentle on your hands. The extra loops mean that it's easy to lengthen or shorten the lead, plus it comes in handy when needing to... Read morePublished 1 day ago by Jess
We LOVE this. Brilliant for top and front leading harness. So many different ways to connect it to itself, it's just brilliant.Published 6 days ago by Tara
The best leash bought so far. It is very versatile and very comfortable to use because the material is soft and padded. *****Published 6 days ago by Jamim