- Also check our best rated Xbox 360 Game reviews
Halo 3: ODST (Xbox 360)
- ODSTs: Follow the story of the legendary ODSTs or Orbital Drop Shock Troopers as they drop into the ruined city of New Mombasa, looking for clues behind the Covenant's catastrophic attack on the city.
- A new hero: Prepare to drop. Known for their courage, valor and at times, insanity, Orbital Drop Shock Troopers are among the fiercest UNSC soldiers, priding themselves on being the first unit deployed into hostile situations.
- Run and gun: While not as large or supernaturally gifted as their Spartan comrades, these Hell Jumpers more than compensate with their ferocious attitudes and unwavering nerve.
- Multiplayer: All the traditional features of Halo 3 multiplayer will be included in the new game, including full-featured integration with the Forge map editor.
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
- Platform: Xbox 360
- BBFC Rating: Suitable for 15 years and over. Not for sale to persons under age 15. By placing an order for this product, you declare that you are 15 years of age or over.
- Media: Video Game
- Item Quantity: 1
Platform: Xbox 360 | Edition: Standard
A new Halo 3 game is about to hit, but the Master Chief is nowhere to be seen. This all-new first person shooter has evolved into something much bigger than a mere standalone expansion pack and is now a fully-fledged prequel to the last game.
Discover more about the build-up to the classic Halo 3
|ODST stands for Orbital Drop Shock Troopers|
|You no longer play as the indestructible Master Chief|
|Sgt Johnson is available as a pre-order bonus character|
You no longer play as a Spartan super soldier, but as a sort of futuristic paratrooper with less high tech armour and abilities. Much of the game is told in flashback, as you search for your missing teammates in New Mombasa and discover more of the backstory of the Halo universe.
Of course this being Halo the multiplayer is just as important as the story campaign, with the basic modes being identical to Halo 3 and using all 24 current maps. New mode Firefight though is a four player co-op mode similar to Gears of War 2's Horde - perfect for Halo fans looking for more action.Key Features
- Semi-super soldier: Get used to a dirty, more tactical style of warfare as you join the elite ODST in a story set two weeks prior to the events of Halo 3.
- Halo world: For the first time ever in a Halo game you can explore an open world environment, with the freedom to go anywhere and use any vehicle.
- Classic action: Fight in the revamped multiplayer mode from Halo 3, with access to all 24 maps released so far, including all downloadable map packs.
- War without end: New Firefight multiplayer modes introduces four play co-operative action against an unending wave of Covenant forces.
This U.S. studio had been around for ten years before they created mega hit Halo. Ironically in their early days they were know for their Mac-only games such as Marathon, as well as strategy series Myth. They were bought by Microsoft in 2000, but in 2007 they became independent again.
Top customer reviews
Film Noir-esque, superb sound track, compelling characters, brilliant story.
This is one of Bungie's masterpieces, rivalled only by their other masterpieces.
Take me back to 2009 just for this!
Most recent customer reviews